Big Rock Uncontrollable Steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabe8501

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
Just bought the wife her Big Rock. I unboxed it and thought the front tires looked toed out a bit much so I tore them to what I thought was fairly straight. Noticed the transmitter setting was on R instead of N but it was steering normally.

I just took her for a trip up the street and noticed it is extremely hard to keep straight.

It the toe supposed to be out on this rig?

*edit* I did the 12mm-17mm conversion and have belted 2.8 trenchers on her

As a fellow BRCC owner that has done the 12-17mm hex conversion and running trenchers I will say that no matter what you do it is tricky to keep straight.

That being said, mine isn't unmanageable so it could be a few things;
  • The toe change you made might have made it hard to stay straight. Try changing it back a little and see if things improve.
  • Are you running the spectrum remote or the Tactic? If its the spectrum the the lag will be exacerbating any problems.
  • The trenchers are heavier than the stock tires which means the servo needs to work harder to keep things centred if you're running over bumpy terrain...
  • If it's new I would go over all the screws\bolts, Wheel hexes etc and make sure they're tight, any wobbling in the steering rack will make it hard.
  • What is the steering dual rate set at? If you've turned this down then it will not keep things as locked in.
  • The 3s models have known lack of "tightness" issues with steering, if this is a problem then the Hot Racing Steering blocks replacement may help as well but I would try the other things first.

There are so many things that go into steering but I’ve found that the servo and servo saver are the biggest culprits.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back