Senton Under the hood of a Beast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan777

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Since i started off as a roller i figured i would show you what i got going on under the hood.
20160213_083641.jpg

This Arrma Senton is powered by a mamba monster and 2200kv motor with a 18t pinion, ESC and motor fan powered through a 5amp bec. I used a Traxxas esc mount to hold it down. Steering has a power HD servo with 20k of torque and aluminum servo horn. The metal bushings in the steering bell crank were changed to bearings. Fs-gt3b radio with LiPo conversion.

20160116_174551.jpg

Generic badland buggy style tires. I blew out 3 of them the first run. So i belted the inside of the tires with gorilla tape and added some stiffer foam, a half a bottle of glue and there good to go again.

20160213_123048.jpg

Front suspension has a pair of GPM shocks with stiff springs and shock guards.

20160213_082413.jpg

The rear suspension has the stock rear shocks, with the stock front shocks added to the rear with mud guards.
Of course it is all a work in progress, and this is how it sits as of now...
Future upgrades to come. T-Bone Racing bumper and skids, Duratrax lockup buggy tires, maybe squeezing a 2nd set of shocks in the front, aluminum servo mount, figuring out an aluminum steering bell crank, lots of suspension tuning, and what ever else i can come up with.

Just out of curiosity, why double up the shocks? Why not go with a stiffer spring and thicker oil?
Truck looks like a beast though

The stock suspension was ok. But i wanted a little more from it. I allready had the gpm and they were the right size for the front. So i decided to put them on. By the time i got the first front shock off my adhd had kicked in to overdrive and the next thing you know the fronts shocks where on the rear. So i figured i try it out for a bit. I like to jump the truck, so maybe spreading out some of the down force from the landing will have less stress on everything... Idk.. i just went with it..ill run it, then probably change it...lol ...thanks for looking!

Last edited:
nice idea man I like that good for people who jump lots and that should actually help with less stress on shock pistons and rods so I think that's very smart of you! how is she holding up since you've ran it?

It did pretty good. I jumped it a few times it need lighter shock fluid in the rear or heavier in the front to match it up better. i didnt get to fully dile it in though ...my adhd kicked in and....I... took off the extra front shocks that where on the rear and put them on the rear of my daughters car. I took the rear shocks off and put them up in the front of the senton. The front shocks that where actually rear gpm shocks got thrown in a box. I got new set of kyosho mp9 shocks. I put the front ones on the front of my daughter's car to go with the front senton shocks that are on the rear. The rear kyosho shocks got put in the rear of the senton. ...still with me?...Then all 4 shocks on the senton got new fluid. The front shocks got filled about 3/4 with 60w or 800cst silicone oil, then the rest was filled with 7000cst diff oil. The rear shocks where filled with mostly with 60w with a squirt of 7000cst diff oil... Then all for shocks got kyosho blue 6.16lb-in springs slapped on them... So thats what its got going on now...I haven't got to test it yet. Senton has been down. Just got a new hinge pin, to replace the one that disappeared in the tear down and clean up from a beach bashing. Speaking of jumping... I talked my buddy into letting me jump my senton over his HOUSE!! Im gonna build a ramp off his camper shell thats backed up to his house. Then fly over the house and land in his front yard... Well thats the plan anyways...We'll see.

It did pretty good. I jumped it a few times it need lighter shock fluid in the rear or heavier in the front to match it up better. i didnt get to fully dile it in though ...my adhd kicked in and....I... took off the extra front shocks that where on the rear and put them on the rear of my daughters car. I took the rear shocks off and put them up in the front of the senton. The front shocks that where actually rear gpm shocks got thrown in a box. I got new set of kyosho mp9 shocks. I put the front ones on the front of my daughter's car to go with the front senton shocks that are on the rear. The rear kyosho shocks got put in the rear of the senton. ...still with me?...Then all 4 shocks on the senton got new fluid. The front shocks got filled about 3/4 with 60w or 800cst silicone oil, then the rest was filled with 7000cst diff oil. The rear shocks where filled with mostly with 60w with a squirt of 7000cst diff oil... Then all for shocks got kyosho blue 6.16lb-in springs slapped on them... So thats what its got going on now...I haven't got to test it yet. Senton has been down. Just got a new hinge pin, to replace the one that disappeared in the tear down and clean up from a beach bashing. Speaking of jumping... I talked my buddy into letting me jump my senton over his HOUSE!! Im gonna build a ramp off his camper shell thats backed up to his house. Then fly over the house and land in his front yard... Well thats the plan anyways...We'll see.
nice man im following ya still haha had to read it a couple times :) lots of swapping and testing that should be an interesting jump and I really hope to see that happen or at least the after math! do you have a YouTube channel if so I can add you up in hopes of seeing that video haha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back