Big Rock Understanding motor timing adjustments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basher27

Reaction score
I just put a Firma 130 amp ESC in my big rock and on the program menu there is adjustments for motor timing. Can someone explain the benefits in adjusting the timing or is it something that should be just left alone? I am running the stock 3200 KV motor. Thank you

I'd suggest doing your research before getting too deep into adjusting timing, especially if you're just bashing. If you go too far in either direction, you will seriously shorten the lifespan of your motor, and the gains you get aren't massive. If you're racing competitively, it can give you an edge, if it's not banned by rule, but for general use, there are far better ways to achieve a bit more speed. YouTube is a great source for this, there are several videos that go into deep detail and show how minimal average gains are.

From what I've read and seen explained timing up to 18deg is okay on most 1/10 scale rigs. Stock is 15 degrees, I believe. Unless your doing speed runs only, its not really necessary.

From what I've read and seen explained timing up to 18deg is okay on most 1/10 scale rigs. Stock is 15 degrees, I believe. Unless your doing speed runs only, its not really necessary.
Is there any advantage in lowering your degree level?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back