Typhon Uneven tyre wear.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Titan

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
hi guys
My katar front tyres on the V4 typhon are wearing unevenly.
Is this just the way it goes or is my suspension/ camber settings wrong.
I'm new to this and any help would be greatly appreciated.
The rear tyres are wearing perfectly even.
20200509_211003.jpg
20200509_210947.jpg

20200509_211009.jpg

Agree with all above. Could also be the inner wheel bearing. If there’s something that looks like a washer just hanging loose on the inside of the wheel it’s whats left of the metal shielding from the bearing. Other than this it looks like you are enjoying the typhon. Have fun!

I've taken both the spacers off the bottom pivot balls and put them on the top pivot balls.
Is it OK to do this and does the set up look any better now?
20200510_155639.jpg

I've taken both the spacers off the bottom pivot balls and put them on the top pivot balls.
Is it OK to do this and does the set up look any better now?
View attachment 79450
Still looks like you have negative camber but it’s hard to tell from that pic.

Is there anything I can do to get the wheels perfectly straight.
Do I need to purchase a spacer kit?

You haven't done anything to your geometry if you made equal changes to upper and lower arm.
Looks like on the uneven side (picture left) you need to add a spacer to upper arm.

Get a camber gauge to help you out a bit.

You do not ever want them straight unless all you do is going straight. You want a slight angle (~ -1deg) to help with cornering grip.
1 deg is sometimes a crapshoot with slop in the steering but you can get it equal on both sides.

The rest is ballooning from high speed runs, nothing to fix.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your help guys, much appreciated.

One other thing has not been mentioned or if it has forgive me. The tow out these cars have will produce this sort of wear over time. If the Ackerman plate is bent and there is excessive tow out, speed and asphalt as the tires are pushed apart will cause wear on the inside faster I imagine. The Ackerman plate is the link that ties the steering posts together. It’s under the the steering plate which has the Arrma logo on it. They bend pretty easy when you hit something with just one tire. If it’s bent just take it out and straighten it a vise or hammer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back