Unknown brand! Has anybody tried these pre-mounts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yas

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Notorious
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Typhon 3s

Attachments

• r4001b.jpg
    r4001b.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 128
If I had to guess assuming that they use a decent compound I would say they would be comparable to Proline Trenchers or Duratrax Lockups.

Its probably a Taiwan, China brand as usual. It may just a great tire nonetheless. Never heard of it. But there are so many companies like this one. Usually not glued well if at all. This tire looks like it wants to be a "Trencher LP" Proline tire. Similar design. And not by accident.
https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/trencher-lp-3.8-all-terrain-tires-mounted.asp
Yeah they've got to be copy cats but I thought they're more like trencher 40 series. The quality doesn't look that bad, at least in the picture ? can't find a website for the brand either. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them

I've gotten some great and some not so great Crawler tires from No Name brands before. Its usually the rubber content and poor foams that is lacking. But I did get a nice set of PL Hyrax exact copies that were awesome.

Yeah they've got to be copy cats but I thought they're more like trencher 40 series. The quality doesn't look that bad, at least in the picture ? can't find a website for the brand either. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them
They look smaller than Trencher 40's.:unsure:

There are many small startup companies in the Pan Asian region that make RC products. They don't have any web presence. They usually will make a mass production run and have vendors sell them on Ebay, AMZ and Bangood. Its a hit and run business model. No support or warranty. They copy products to undercut mainstream competition. They even copy or describe competitor specs whether accurate or not. But there are some well priced alternatives in that mess somewhere.:LOL:
BTW, pictures can be deceiving. They are carefully selected for a reason. Caveat emptor. (buyer beware)

Last edited:
I've gotten some great and some not so great Crawler tires from No Name brands before. Its usually the rubber content and poor foams that is lacking. But I did get a nice set of PL Hyrax exact copies that were awesome.
I've some good luck with the no name "Badlands" tires.

I bought a set of Roapex buggy tires for my Typhon, one blew open the first run. Could have been bad luck but personally I am not buying that brand again. They came out a little before the Jetko tires started showing up, but now I see Jetko a lot of places and Roapex almost nowhere other than ebay.

There are many small startup companies in the Pan Asian region that make RC products. They don't have any web presence. They usually will make a mass production run and have vendors sell them on Ebay, AMZ and Bangood. Its a hit and run business model. No support or warranty. They copy products to undercut mainstream competition. They even copy or describe competitor specs whether accurate or not. But there are some well priced alternatives in that mess somewhere.:LOL:
BTW, pictures can be deceiving. They are carefully selected for a reason. Caveat emptor. (buyer beware)
I've had decent success with some parts like that on Amazon, but only order them prime knowing I can return if it doesn't fit.
On some parts it works out fine but more precision parts like gearboxes, chassis, shocks, etc, I steer clear and go with known brands.

I bought a set of Roapex buggy tires for my Typhon, one blew open the first run. Could have been bad luck but personally I am not buying that brand again. They came out a little before the Jetko tires started showing up, but now I see Jetko a lot of places and Roapex almost nowhere other than ebay.
You know this thread is like 3 years old right?

Idk why but the Roapex stuff just seemed like a lot of the cheap Chinese stuff on the market so I tried to avoid it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back