Unmarked "generic" Hoons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liquid SSSnake

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
Just saw these on eBay and Ali Express, I would've never thought...

Wonder what compound they are?
Screenshot_20220819-212939.png

Maybe I'm tired but isn't the direction backwards from what the dboot hoons are? I thought the pattern on the outside edge is supposed to be pointed backwards?

Last edited:
Maybe I'm tired but isn't the direction backwards from what the dboot hoons are? I thought the pattern on the outside edge is supposed to be pointed backwards?
Hoons are directional and each pair has one for each side of the car. But, that said, I don't think it really makes a dang bit of difference on an RC car. Especially considering just how fast those little dots disappear anyways.

Hoons are directional and each pair has one for each side of the car. But, that said, I don't think it really makes a dang bit of difference on an RC car. Especially considering just how fast those little dots disappear anyways.
Probably doesn't make any difference but I don't think I would be able to mount them with the directional arrows on the sidewall pointing backwards.
Just took a look and pattern does point backwards on the hoons.

It may be a way that the belting cord is wound that makes it stronger in one direction.
IMG_20220820_123117.jpg

They look correct to me, I don't think the direction is determined by the tread it's the way the belt overlaps inside. Evident by worn down tires I have.

Hmm... What if Arrma is coming out with a new tire with a V3 Infraction?

Last edited:
They look correct to me, I don't think the direction is determined by the tread it's the way the belt overlaps inside. Evident by worn down tires I have.

Hmm... What if Arrma is coming out with a new tire with a V3 Infraction?
🤣🤣🤣 Guess you missed my last post. I said exact same thing. 👍👍 Great minds😁

I’m hopeful someone is in process of making a tire equivalent to white hoons at an actual “reasonable” price!!!
$80 for a set of hoons that might last 2 days is not “reasonable” ….

Just received the tires today, ordered August 20th. Shipping from China has gotten a lot faster these days.
B0F3B637-353E-4782-8AB3-A0876EF6F86E.jpeg

They look like and feel like a nice tire, but they are definitely not the same as Hoons.

First of all they are bigger and wider.
About 102.5mm x 44.5mm.
They weigh 130g or 4.5oz (for reference, my Hoons are 108g but they are used, new ones will be heavier of course)

I don’t have a new set of Hoons to compare measurements, but my slightly used Hoons are 43mm in width, measured at the rim.

The lettering on the sidewall is more raised and thicker:
558D94E9-12EF-4B43-A339-AD85832C267D.jpeg

And the rim is slightly bigger and beefier, feels more rigid too. About the same difference as between the GRP rigid and flex wheels.
553E13BF-ECC8-409D-81F8-4F412125BF8C.jpeg

The webbing on the inside looks different too:
Clone:
38C2DE40-1EE9-44F9-BBD0-529C0DE3A71A.jpeg

Hoons:
9442FB97-145A-4B99-9F28-9F90F3E7CAC8.jpeg

The „bolts“ on the original rim are raised and can be felt, on the clone they are not:
98FE4AD3-A236-4B65-98B9-899ACEFAFBB1.jpeg

Going to run them tomorrow, they feel nice and firm but the rubber feels more „rubbery“ than the Hoons if that makes any sense…I hope they last more than one pull 😅

Will update tomorrow. 👍

Damn, hope they're decent. I ordered 5 pair 2 days after you so I should be getting mine soon. I actually have new hoons so I will weigh both at the least.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back