Unmarked "generic" Hoons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received the tires today, ordered August 20th. Shipping from China has gotten a lot faster these days.
View attachment 240356
They look like and feel like a nice tire, but they are definitely not the same as Hoons.

First of all they are bigger and wider.
About 102.5mm x 44.5mm.
They weigh 130g or 4.5oz (for reference, my Hoons are 108g but they are used, new ones will be heavier of course)

I don’t have a new set of Hoons to compare measurements, but my slightly used Hoons are 43mm in width, measured at the rim.

The lettering on the sidewall is more raised and thicker:
View attachment 240357

And the rim is slightly bigger and beefier, feels more rigid too. About the same difference as between the GRP rigid and flex wheels.
View attachment 240360

The webbing on the inside looks different too:
Clone:
View attachment 240359
Hoons:
View attachment 240358

The „bolts“ on the original rim are raised and can be felt, on the clone they are not:
View attachment 240361

Going to run them tomorrow, they feel nice and firm but the rubber feels more „rubbery“ than the Hoons if that makes any sense…I hope they last more than one pull 😅

Will update tomorrow. 👍
How straight are they? I mean Do they wobble much when spun up?

The big question is "Are they belted?" like the regular Hoons. A softer compound might mean less run time: if they are anything like the Chinese copies of the Pro-Line Hyrax tires used on crawlers, they won't last as long as the real Hoons.

Mine arrived yesterday. They look ok. When I get 2 seconds of free time (which will be no time soon) I'll try them out.

20220902_085221.jpg
20220902_085217.jpg

lol I hate all you old men with lives. I'm sitting here dying to know how they preform and the 2 people who got them can't even use them :eek: :ROFLMAO:

Mine are in customs apparently. I need to learn patience :ROFLMAO:

I'm really hoping they last longer than hoons. I really just want to use them in my infraction, I didn't realize how bad hoons were until I got that bad boy a few days ago. Ripping whole sets in like 2 packs is nuts.

lol I hate all you old men with lives. I'm sitting here dying to know how they preform and the 2 people who got them can't even use them :eek: :ROFLMAO:
You got me wrong. I don't have a life. My children do. I work, do house chores and run my kids around. 😒

I'm really hoping they last longer than hoons. I really just want to use them in my infraction, I didn't realize how bad hoons were until I got that bad boy a few days ago. Ripping whole sets in like 2 packs is nunuts.
I can't see them lasting any longer than the Hoons but I have never owned a set of Hoons so who am I to judge.

Had a closer look at them. They seem to be well glued. I didn't need to add much.

Last edited:
Sorry to keep you waiting, but I finally had time for a quick bash in the car park.

About 30mins of just hooning around, drifting etc.

Ran a 6s 7000mAh battery, Max6 ESC and Rocket 4082 1720kv.
My gearing is 50/18, so nothing extreme.
Ran on rough asphalt, ambient temps around 24c.

The „Choons“ are belted and mine are balanced pretty well as far as I could tell.
No vibrations or whatever and the glue held fine.

They don’t get sticky like the GRPs, which is a pro to me, and i really liked the handling.
Very similar to the Luise GT-Tarmac in soft.

Here is how they look after my run:

83B7FFC8-33DC-4D20-8CE5-A1DB6E115A63.jpeg
75F80964-B174-4E9A-88AC-B3B479A13F2D.jpeg
2B926DDA-912B-48A1-87ED-082D91177EF3.jpeg
9F8E0CA3-D06A-403E-9AA8-A1E7FC386F18.jpeg

I like them 👍 (but don’t see them lasting longer than white Hoons, judging by the wear after one run)

Last edited:
That's really promising tbh. My new silver hoons looked worse than that after one pack on the infraction. Seems awesome! I might have to make these my go to tires cause that price is RIGHT. 🤣

Thank you for the information. 😎 👍

Well my white Hoons look like that after three packs so that does look promising. It's not that I drive like grandma, I concentrate on suspension mods and make small changes between every pack and take note of what it's doing. The better the handling the less tire wear I've noticed on both the Infraction and my 4tec.

I just got mine today and I'm going to try em out later tonight when the sun goes down. They're definitely just a tiny bit bigger than hoons but you wouldn't notice unless you have them side by side. They also feel really similar and like the other guy said I think they feel quality.

They're also heavier than hoons by a slight amount and just going by the feel of the material they definitely seem to have more grip than my silver hoons. It's easier to slide my finger across the hoons which I didn't even notice until the wifey pointed it out to me after I had her touch both :ROFLMAO:

I definitely like them a lot so far even before I've used them. I got em on the infraction RN ready to go. In the meantime, here are some pics!

20220908_140542.jpg
20220908_140610.jpg
20220908_140702.jpg
20220908_140817.jpg

Yeeeeeeep I'm sold. These tires are amazing for the price. I thought they would have more grip than silver hoons but tbh it kinda felt like they had less grip when driving with them. They look AMAZING after 1 pack and my infraction has a Sensored tp 5650 1720kv geared for about 83 mph on 6s.

I really freaking wish they made felony rears.

20220908_231004.jpg
20220908_231035.jpg

I really need to adjust my camber lol but yea I'm definitely glad I bought 5 sets and I will buy more. 30$ for 4x of these is a damn steal.

Ordering a few sets..so how long from ordering to sittin on your doorstep did they take

Ordering a few sets..so how long from ordering to sittin on your doorstep did they take
I ordered mine on the 22nd of august and got them on the 8th of september. Mine was the slowest though, everyone else in this thread got theirs a few days faster.

im actually going to wait till u guys do a few more updates, i wanna see how they are a few layers down into the rubber )

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back