Unmarked "generic" Hoons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Ali X Choons come in at half price of Hoons.
GRP's are less $$ than Hoons and are the better tire.
The question is if the Choons can sustain 100+ MPH. Would any Speed runner gamble it?:giggle:
If not, they may be just good enough for CHOONING around.:LOL:

Sweet, just ordered a couple sets to try out. These could save some serious $$.

Choon wheel destruction

I love these tires and wheels! Thank you for alerting me to these. I think I’ve bought 5-6 sets now. Takes me about 2 weeks to get ‘em. Someone posted up in the 6s section in the infraction section. That said, I’m glad I have a bunch of dead choons from last month so I can recycle the wheels from them. With the slightly colder weather here in oregon, I’ve been busting up wheels pretty regularly. At least that’s what I’m assuming. Could be something wrong w my rig too.

View attachment 254302

View attachment 254303

View attachment 254304

View attachment 254305
Wow. Do genuine hoon wheels also get torn up like that?

YES. They can and will with enough carnage.

I only buy Hoons Disk wheels now. (Lim. wheels) I find the Legit Hoons spokers crack at the spokes easily. But strikes or even a blow out of the tread will shatter the wheel at high speed.
Been there.

Last edited:
Wow. Do genuine hoon wheels also get torn up like that?
I dunno but I've never had choons or hoons look like his tires. Look like he be throwing them against cement for fun :eek: :ROFLMAO:

I have one cracked choon and it was from the wifey and I crashing into each other on our lil parking lot track. Well, more like she spun out and I crashed into her :ROFLMAO:

I dunno but I've never had choons or hoons look like his tires. Look like he be throwing them against cement for fun
I dunno but I've never had choons or hoons look like his tires. Look like he be throwing them against cement for fun :eek: :ROFLMAO:

I have one cracked choon and it was from the wifey and I crashing into each other on our lil parking lot track. Well, more like she spun out and I crashed into her :ROFLMAO:
I wish I had the guns to throw hard enough to smash those wheels like that lol

Honestly I think it must be the weather. I had minimal problems when it was 70F

Now I’d say it’s 50f. Maybe 60. I think I side smacked curbs harder last month when I had less experience and didn’t break any wheels.

Saw them on AliExpress for $34, compound wasn’t specified but I’m feeling they are same as OG tires selling with no name!!
I wonder how HH feels about that. Intellectual property theft? :unsure: Lets call it what it is.
I know Traxass would be all over that.
These Choons just might end up being a shortlived thing. A quick money grab until they meet some resistance from HH/Arrma.
If they become very successful, HH might say someting??? IDK.
For the mean time it looks to be a decent cheap option for many of us.
I know that Raz won't be buying them anytime soon.:ROFLMAO:
Probably just great for a few sub 100mph passes and just Chooning around Drifting etc. The price is right for this type of running.
I know that blowouts at high speed will cause some very expensive chassis Carnage. Rig will take off like a frisbee into the air. Been there with the Real Hoons at only aprox. 90+ Mph.
A front blowout lifted the nose and she went airborne. Tweaked my Lim. chassis.:giggle:

Last edited:
I wonder how HH feels about that. Intellectual property theft?

I was thinking about that, I wonder if manufacturers sometimes just rebrand or license things like these tires. I feel like this is one of those things that would be questionable to put direct development dollars into if something already exists. I'm going to test these Choons and probably order a pile of them if they work well, just in case ...

I was thinking about that, I wonder if manufacturers sometimes just rebrand or license things
That is very common in China. Patents, copyrights, trademarks, etc. are basically impossible to enforce in China. And we do most of our manufacturing there, which means those local companies have access to proprietary information.

That said, these choons are a little different. Bigger. They are not an exact copy.

As soon as I saw this, I knew it will be short lived. Im gonna grab a few sets before its all over.
choons-amazon.jpg

Ah ok, I haven't gotten home to compare them to actual Hoons yet, but they sure look pretty dang close just eyeing them up by memory.
Yea they're definitely bigger and have slight differences but they also look very very similar. They're inbetween regular hoons and felony rear hoons.

Horizon not going to be able to do anything.

I (the OP) finally ordered a set and should have them soon. I still had a stock of real Hoons from the summer sale.

There are so many other inventions and products that have been copied by China and nothing can really be done about it because of their laws. HH cant do much to fight it probably, so I don't think these are going anywhere. The only thing they could do is lower the price point of Hoons to be competitive with the Choons and GRP maybe.

I was thinking about that, I wonder if manufacturers sometimes just rebrand or license things like these tires. I feel like this is one of those things that would be questionable to put direct development dollars into if something already exists. I'm going to test these Choons and probably order a pile of them if they work well, just in case ...
They look like exact replicas. Could even be from the same outsourced Arrma factory without HH permission. It has happened before with name brands. I can see them sold at 1/2 price. $34. for a set of 4. In China, they don't regard any copyright and patent laws. Part of their culture. Intellectual Property is always stolen. CCP encourages this. They justify it by saying they are not copies but "something better made' and "different". Yet appearing identical.
Because Arrma/HH $marks$ the Hoons up considerably. Cost is probably like $4.00-5.00 each to make them. All their stuff. Wheels and tires are money makers for HH. They know we eat them up quick.
Doubt that HH has any relationship with these Choons.

Last edited:
Definitely try them . The price is right. Worth a gamble. No one is complaining of them in reality.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back