Unmarked "generic" Hoons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doubt that HH has any relationship with these Choons.

Yeah, I'm sure they don't. What I was contemplating is if the tires could be produced by a third party with no relationship to HH other than supplying a generic tire design branded for Arrma. But anyway, it sounds like there will be some differences when I get a chance to compare them side-by-side.

Someone should do a side by side comparison with a pair of Hoons (whites)
Put 2 Choons on the left side and 2 real Hoons on the right side. See which last longer and wear more.
Yeah need to compare both up front and personal. Measure them well etc. Usually there is a fine stamp or Mfr mark near the inner wheels hex.
Obviously the Arrma logo is not on the spoke fo the Choons.
Just that even some upgrade brand wheels have an "Arrma" mark on the inside of the wheels. I've seen them before. HH has the wheels produced separately from chassis production. I think there are many outsource houses for the Arrma parts. Easy to see how copies can get out there.

Last edited:
Wouldn't the difference in tire size make that a bad idea? I guess maybe they're similar enough? regardless I'd put all my money on choons lasting longer. From my experience that seems to be the case.

You'd probably just end up actuating the diff alot more. So I wouldn't run it super hard, otherwise you might find yourself overheating the diff. If they are comparable in grip, it should probably be fine, but as others have already said there I'd a size difference, and that would actuate the diff just driving normally.

Side-by-side the only difference I see is where the seam on the tire rubber is, the size looks to be the same or so small it's not perceptible by eye. I'm heading out of town and will measure them with a caliper when I get back.

Wouldn't the difference in tire size make that a bad idea? I guess maybe they're similar enough? regardless I'd put all my money on choons lasting longer. From my experience that seems to be the case.
Are the diameters really that different??? Choons vs the Hoons? Both are 42/100's.:unsure:
Making me want to try them out now.:LOL:

Side-by-side the only difference I see is where the seam on the tire rubber is, the size looks to be the same or so small it's not perceptible by eye. I'm heading out of town and will measure them with a caliper when I get back.
Side by side comparison has already been done earlier in the thread.

Idk, I don't have a pair personally to look at, just going off of what people reported earlier:
First of all they are bigger and wider.
About 102.5mm x 44.5mm.

Are the diameters really that different??? Choons vs the Hoons? Both are 42/100's.:unsure:
Making me want to try them out now.:LOL:
I definitely think it's noticeable. If hoons are 100 I'd guess choons are 102 or 103 but I don't know for sure.

Second set finally arrived in the snail mail today. Haven't even ran the first set yet.

Like the first set, they are well glued and quality seems good.

20221128_112329.jpg

I got my set today and I'm impressed, it's like they tried to improve on the Hoons. The rim is true, unlike a few oblong hoons I've had, and the hexes fit snugly.

I can back up that they're a little taller (102mm) and in the hand they feel like the white compound which is what I prefer. So I hope they have the same or better treadwear. I get more packs out of white hoons than silvers.

FYI, ordered Nov 8, delivered Nov 19.
11 days isn't bad at all.
Also fyi, I ordered nov 9 and arrived yesterday nov 29. 🤷‍♀️(my 9th- 12th set).

i got desperate while waiting and ordered GRP S7s. Definitely more sturdy side smacking curbs in my current weather (40s-50s F). i have never broken a GRP wheel.

Someone on this forum made a post about cracking choon rims in the cold and I finally experienced it. As much as I love the cheap choons I definitely would be cautious about using them in the winter. The plastic rims are definitely where they cheapen out compared to real hoons. I've had 3 rims crack now and 2 of them where my fault as I side smacked a curb but it was a real light tap and I believe real hoons would have survived. The 3rd one I don't even know how it cracked, I just took it off my other stretched typhon last night and it was cracked lol. Still works though and I glued the crack but yea.

+1 on cracks. Had 1 cracked after my usual bashing.
'Usual' I had light encounters with a curb, but compared to what I had done to my GRPs it was nothing heavy. A casual graze is all, no idea if that caused a crack, rest was just usual hooning around.
Will not re-order, price difference is minimal and these are too slippery for my purpose. Feels like stiffer than S7 GRP but do not become 'grippier' as they warm up.

Otherwise ok, might really depend on your local surface.

+1 on cracks. Had 1 cracked after my usual bashing.
'Usual' I had light encounters with a curb, but compared to what I had done to my GRPs it was nothing heavy. A casual graze is all, no idea if that caused a crack, rest was just usual hooning around.
Will not re-order, price difference is minimal and these are too slippery for my purpose. Feels like stiffer than S7 GRP but do not become 'grippier' as they warm up.

Otherwise ok, might really depend on your local surface.
thx, u just saved me reading the whole thread

Price difference is pretty big to me, it's like half of the price of hoons. I think they're worth it just not in the cold. I will buy them again. You can actually get them for even cheaper now too. I think it's like 24$ :ROFLMAO:

Price difference is pretty big to me, it's like half of the price of hoons. I think they're worth it just not in the cold. I will buy them again. You can actually get them for even cheaper now too. I think it's like 24$ :ROFLMAO:
Got a link? I can’t find them for $24 at any seller.

I did see some new colors though which is cool:

4Pcs 5-Spoke 100X42mm Tire Tyres 17Mm Wheel Hex For Arrma 1/7 Infraction Felony Limitless RC Car Upgrade Parts

4Pcs 5-Spoke 100X42mm Tire Tyres 17Mm Wheel Hex For Arrma 1/7 Infraction Felony Limitless RC Car Upgrade Parts

S3721689f13e442ed94a56a04e50490f2J.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.webp

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back