Unofficial Vent Thread. No politics LOL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously though, you work in a bread factory and your one job is to tie the twisty tie onto the top of the bag of white bread.
Yet somehow, they never taught you that its righty tighty and lefty loosey?!?!? HOW FK'ing HARD IS THIS JOB!? even...
Thank you.
Finally a place for my late night PB&J thoughts.
We live in the 21st. century, why do we even still have a twisty tie, or sugar in a paper bag that rips, Bic lighters hadn't have a design change in like ...ever.
we still driving cars while we been on the moon since 1968

We live in the 21st. century, why do we even still have a twisty tie, or sugar in a paper bag that rips, Bic lighters hadn't have a design change in like ...ever.
we still driving cars while we been on the moon since 1968
I haven't bought bread with a twist tie on it in years, the stuff I buy uses those little plastic thingys.

Some of the nicest most respectful people I've met on here has a different political stance as me...youre one of them.
Thats what I like about being here...we get along. In the really real world people forget they talking to another human being.

1655576816642.png

Bought windows for my home. ~6 months later they show up. 13 windows ordered, Hurricane grade, 23k installed.
1 never got delivered, 1 was the wrong window, the largest one was damaged and 4 were measured incorrectly ( twice). 6 were installed, 1 has a track issue ( installation related?), and another is isn't completed (trimmed out) on the inside.
Was told they'd have the remaining 7 windows ready in 4 weeks the day came to take the damaged/wrong windows back. Called this past Thursday, ( 5 weeks later) and was told October. The guy said that wasn't right so now I am waiting to hear back on that estimate now.

My original estimate for installation was in March, so October probably means December...

Been pretty patient but that's wearing pretty damned thin now...
Worst part, my wife has been on my poop about using this company because they took so long in the 1st place. I defended my decision to use this company based on reviews, veteran owned and operated, their sales presentation, color options, and the quality of the product. Now I gotta tell her it's gonna be 4 more months before we see another window?

Bought windows for my home. ~6 months later they show up. 13 windows ordered, Hurricane grade, 23k installed.
1 never got delivered, 1 was the wrong window, the largest one was damaged and 4 were measured incorrectly ( twice). 6 were installed, 1 has a track issue ( installation related?), and another is isn't completed (trimmed out) on the inside.
Was told they'd have the remaining 7 windows ready in 4 weeks the day came to take the damaged/wrong windows back. Called this past Thursday, ( 5 weeks later) and was told October. The guy said that wasn't right so now I am waiting to hear back on that estimate now.

My original estimate for installation was in March, so October probably means December...

Been pretty patient but that's wearing pretty damned thin now...
Worst part, my wife has been on my poop about using this company because they took so long in the 1st place. I defended my decision to use this company based on reviews, veteran owned and operated, their sales presentation, color options, and the quality of the product. Now I gotta tell her it's gonna be 4 more months before we see another window?

How is that even possible? For windows??
Is your house a one-off custom.. with special wall openings?
Windows these days are mostly all standardized. Any experienced window installer can see (&measure just to confirm their eyeballing) window dimensions.

I was able to get my windows done within a week of order. At both previous and current houses.

I feel for you buddy.
That's just unacceptable service.

Ouch, cut twice and still to short.
Seems like they have no clue what they are doing. Any update?
It's a f'd up story but I am pretty confident it'll get done right, because I'll be on their a$$ until it is!

They installed the two largest windows that were ready in late June after I called to harass them about the protracted delays. One at the back of the house doesn't track right at the top but glides easily, unlike the smaller one to the right ( pictured below), which needs to be replaced because its too large for the interior opening. The second large window is a really long story, although it operates well, it was installed like this... (You tell me if you'd set a window in an opening like this.) I KNOW I WOULDN'T! So they're redoing this one as well. 3 re-installations, and 5 missing windows still. With manufacturing delays due to the exterior finish of choice. (Which I paid a premium for! )

20220629_104452.jpg
20220629_170139.jpg
20220629_111250.jpg

Back window:
20220629_131510.jpg

How is that even possible? For windows??
Is your house a one-off custom.. with special wall openings?
Windows these days are mostly all standardized. Any experienced window installer can see (&measure just to confirm their eyeballing) window dimensions.

I was able to get my windows done within a week of order. At both previous and current houses.

I feel for you buddy.
That's just unacceptable service.
I have an older home, not really custom but the replacement windows are measured for the interior dimensions because they are much thicker than a non hurricane rated window which can be installed measuring only the exterior RO.
As for the 4 measured incorrectly...
They were windows for unfinished interior in my garage... ( I didn't build the garage BTW, a long deceased dear neighbor did 30 plus years ago, long before we owned the house). I actually liked this neighbor a lot and wished he and his wife were still alive.😭

Anyway, when the garage windows were measured they never included the gap for the buck strips for the interior measurements ( concrete block construction). Dumb thing is, they measured twice and noone looked at the measurements and realized that the RO was the same inside and out for these windows.
They fit the openings perfectly but left no gap for the buck strips. Besides being bad for the window (vinyl on concrete deteiorates), they wouldn't pass code and are easily inspectable because of the unfinished interior.

In the third pic above, that was the "finished install". 5 shims and expanding foam under a 300+ # window. Interior plaster damaged and no finished sill. I've had the company rep out who says he'll "make sure I'm happy." I told him this will need to be removed and replaced and done right before any further work commences.
Regarding the delays, it's now being caused by a shortage of black vinyl which is overlayed on the exterior. I paid extra for this...
Yep, I paid extra to be inconvenienced, by the tune of a few grand...
The more I think about it, the more I get pissed off.
The way the contract is written, I fear I have no recourse so all I can do is nag until it gets done right....
Meanwhile my windows have no coverings because I am waiting on blind installations for the whole house for 4 inside windows that have yet to be installed correctly...
Sorry for the long winded reply.
Lastly, both those large window were missing their screens... and are... BLACK. So, you can guess those will take 3 months too to materialize.

It's a f'd up story but I am pretty confident it'll get done right, because I'll be on their a$$ until it is!

They installed the two largest windows that were ready in late June after I called to harass them about the protracted delays. One at the back of the house doesn't track right at the top but glides easily, unlike the smaller one to the right ( pictured below), which needs to be replaced because its too large for the interior opening. The second large window is a really long story, although it operates well, it was installed like this... (You tell me if you'd set a window in an opening like this.) I KNOW I WOULDN'T! So they're redoing this one as well. 3 re-installations, and 5 missing windows still. With manufacturing delays due to the exterior finish of choice. (Which I paid a premium for! )

View attachment 236983View attachment 236984View attachment 236985

Back window:View attachment 237033

I have an older home, not really custom but the replacement windows are measured for the interior dimensions because they are much thicker than a non hurricane rated window which can be installed measuring only the exterior RO.
As for the 4 measured incorrectly...
They were windows for unfinished interior in my garage... ( I didn't build the garage BTW, a long deceased dear neighbor did 30 plus years ago, long before we owned the house). I actually liked this neighbor a lot and wished he and his wife were still alive.😭

Anyway, when the garage windows were measured they never included the gap for the buck strips for the interior measurements ( concrete block construction). Dumb thing is, they measured twice and noone looked at the measurements and realized that the RO was the same inside and out for these windows.
They fit the openings perfectly but left no gap for the buck strips. Besides being bad for the window (vinyl on concrete deteiorates), they wouldn't pass code and are easily inspectable because of the unfinished interior.

In the third pic above, that was the "finished install". 5 shims and expanding foam under a 300+ # window. Interior plaster damaged and no finished sill. I've had the company rep out who says he'll "make sure I'm happy." I told him this will need to be removed and replaced and done right before any further work commences.
Regarding the delays, it's now being caused by a shortage of black vinyl which is overlayed on the exterior. I paid extra for this...
Yep, I paid extra to be inconvenienced, by the tune of a few grand...
The more I think about it, the more I get pissed off.
The way the contract is written, I fear I have no recourse so all I can do is nag until it gets done right....
Meanwhile my windows have no coverings because I am waiting on blind installations for the whole house for 4 inside windows that have yet to be installed correctly...
Sorry for the long winded reply.
Lastly, both those large window were missing their screens... and are... BLACK. So, you can guess those will take 3 months too to materialize.

I'm so sorry to hear about this truly unnecessary !pain in the neck! project.. over windows.

Those photos of the install are giving me heartburn just looking at them!
Especially knowing how much you invested. Did you pay only half down?
I don't know what to say about any of that.. other than Pathetic on that company.

I really hope they get you fixed up and Correctly.

I'm so sorry to hear about this truly unnecessary !pain in the neck! project.. over windows.

Those photos of the install are giving me heartburn just looking at them!
Especially knowing how much you invested. Did you pay only half down?
I don't know what to say about any of that.. other than Pathetic on that company.

I really hope they get you fixed up and Correctly.
1k down. No payment until after the job is fully done then an additional month.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back