Notorious Up in smoke yup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Up in Flames!

IMG_20221130_170911796.jpg

Thank you @Tex Koder!! These are great! Thanks for sending me two. I’m going to put the extra one on card stock and have my wife scan it so she can make little ones for the car itself. Much appreciated!

54CE9C75-4307-4580-94B3-62345EB21C8D.jpeg

Noooooooooooo. You got a backup?
My bad. Old post lol
Yeah man all good. The motor arrived today and just need to solder an ec5 connection on the mm2. Cleaned and tuned up the rest of the car over the weekend.

I would definitely push for an explanation of why this happened if they're requesting it shipped to them.

They'll probably blame your battery or connector or whatever else they can come up with.

Well well well! My warranty claim was accepted above and beyond my expectations! Not only had the esc burnt up, but the motor acted funny when I tested it, the servo had stopped working and my 6s battery was fried. I mailed all into horizon except the battery 2 weeks ago. Just got the email that Horizon is taking care of it all! Even the battery!

Of course they will only replace it with a 6s spectrum smart battery…good grief I didn’t realize they were so expensive, $190 😣 not sure what to do with it though as I already bought new lipos and have no interest in a spectrum lipo 🤷‍♂️ but damn am I happy! Since I put a mm2 in the Noto, I’ll throw the new 150 in my 6s Kraton and the RTR 150 from it into 4s Old Yeller, I think. The motor I’ll just save I guess. Don’t really need it.
Very cool!

52F3155B-070D-4198-A570-D91A0E65173D.jpeg

235BE99D-AE56-44D4-97F7-CCF33F239E1E.png

Well well well! My warranty claim was accepted above and beyond my expectations! Not only had the esc burnt up, but the motor acted funny when I tested it, the servo had stopped working and my 6s battery was fried. I mailed all into horizon except the battery 2 weeks ago. Just got the email that Horizon is taking care of it all! Even the battery!

Of course they will only replace it with a 6s spectrum smart battery…good grief I didn’t realize they were so expensive, $190 😣 not sure what to do with it though as I already bought new lipos and have no interest in a spectrum lipo 🤷‍♂️ but damn am I happy! Since I put a mm2 in the Noto, I’ll throw the new 150 in my 6s Kraton and the RTR 150 from it into 4s Old Yeller, I think. The motor I’ll just save I guess. Don’t really need it.
Very cool!

View attachment 278216

View attachment 278217
Do you have a charger that can be ran off of a lipo? I use my 3s cnhl 9500 just to charge packs in the field.

Very cool!

View attachment 278216

View attachment 278217
That is awesome they are taking such good care of you! I don't even own a 6s battery yet :LOL:.

Was thinking of trying that $50 one from the "what did you buy today" thread..

I still think it's crazy basically all the electrics went south in a blaze... Was Horizon able to tell you what happened?

Do you have a charger that can be ran off of a lipo? I use my 3s cnhl 9500 just to charge packs in the field.
Nah, my runs are not so lengthy to need one. I run most every day but usually just 2-3 packs. That’s a good idea though. I think I’ll just end up selling it new in the box. I know there are some spectrum fans on the forum that like the smart lipo stuff. Yup, I’m looking at you, @Senton_Prime 😅
That is awesome they are taking such good care of you! I don't even own a 6s battery yet :LOL:.

Was thinking of trying that $50 one from the "what did you buy today" thread..
What one is that? A 6s for $50?? I’ll go have me a look here…

What made you leap off the cliff!! 🤣
I’m getting it as a warranty for the 6S battery that was destroyed when my notorious esc went up in flames. They won’t give me what I had, they only will give me a new spectrum battery. So I took it, of course. I have no real use for it though. All my cars electronics and batteries are dumb.

You know you can still use that bad boy in any 6s rig, doesn't even need an ic5 connector. Will connect to any EC5. 👍

Unless they changed it up my old smart battery has a balance lead... I sure hope they didn't take them away.

You know you can still use that bad boy in any 6s rig, doesn't even need an ic5 connector. Will connect to any EC5. 👍

Unless they changed it up my old smart battery has a balance lead... I sure hope they didn't take them away.
Yup I know. But I’m happy with a regular lipo. Something half the cost or less even. All the smart functions are a waste on me. So I will sell this one, probably put it in classifieds when I get it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back