Update for the state of the 4s line

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
From the man himself. Spring and summer of the coming year
FFC964C4-575D-4B79-AAE4-8932D8BE4C9F.png

My current kraton might be sold this weekend st its current state the 4s line is just an inferior kraton 6s on every aspect of performance

YESSSSS!!! It’s time to get saving! I hope the prices won’t be too bad. I mainly want the 4s motor and esc for my Typhon 3s. Waiting on Arrma and JennysRC now.

YESSSSS!!! It’s time to get saving! I hope the prices won’t be too bad. I mainly want the 4s motor and esc for my Typhon 3s. Waiting on Arrma and JennysRC now.
don't want to be mean but ut saving ur savings are going to have their value go down. The current state of prices are going to keep getting worst. Depending on where you are i might be wrong. But i know where i am its not going to be pretty
Spring or summer???🤯 and how many more releases are due before them?
Juicy stuff

I was talking with the owner of my LHS and he said they were having so many issues making them durable that they started to get expensive. The problem is they want to keep the price tag below the traxxas maxx but im having a fairly confident feeling that if they stick with planetary gears inside the diffs, plastic diff cups(i think bevel gears would be fine if they were that big anyway, inside a plastic housing), plastic shafts, potmetal hexes, and the weak slipper clutch it will never be very durable. And the arms are so long that they would have to be wider to help with nasty corner landings that a 6s basher or built granite would laugh at. Which means chassis mods—>not compatible with 3s anymore.

Its too easy to find all the problems and suggest solutions but what do i know about all of the legal garbage they gotta deal with and they have to engineer, design, and make injection dies to mass produce these parts. etc

Im curious to see where they go with them but unfortunately i might not waste my time with them unless they are reeaally noice.

I really like the new mini road trucks and i saw they get a lot of hate on facebook (edit: surprise!…). The idea is nice but they are just too pricey for what they are imho.

I was talking with the owner of my LHS and he said they were having so many issues making them durable that they started to get expensive. The problem is they want to keep the price tag below the traxxas maxx but im having a fairly confident feeling that if they stick with planetary gears inside the diffs, plastic diff cups(i think bevel gears would be fine if they were that big anyway, inside a plastic housing), plastic shafts, potmetal hexes, and the weak slipper clutch it will never be very durable. And the arms are so long that they would have to be wider to help with nasty corner landings that a 6s basher or built granite would laugh at. Which means chassis mods—>not compatible with 3s anymore.

Its too easy to find all the problems and suggest solutions but what do i know about all of the legal garbage they gotta deal with and they have to engineer, design, and make injection dies to mass produce these parts. etc

Im curious to see where they go with them but unfortunately i might not waste my time with them unless they are reeaally noice.

I really like the new mini road trucks and i saw they get a lot of hate on facebook (edit: surprise!…). The idea is nice but they are just too pricey for what they are imho.
The planetary gears are not an issue from what i saw. I have the factory ones since i bought my k4s in 2019

The planetary gears are not an issue from what i saw. I have the factory ones since i bought my k4s in 2019
I only had issues with them if i had metal driveshafts installed. I should have mentioned that my bad. The diffs would chug along all day with the plastic shafts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back