Outcast Update: maiden voyage impressions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
It's finally ready for a first run.

$418 Outcast EXB 💪
DX5C w/ motor temp telemetry
Castle MMX8S
4028 ESC fan (always on)
Hobbywing 5687 1100kv
Raminator servo
Hoovo 9600mah
31T pinion
47T spur
Extended front battery trays
Reinforced body
Stone Guards (thanks @MMoelmann)
Punch at 50%
BEC at 7.5V

Can't wait to get it out!

IMG_7585.jpeg

IMG_7584.jpeg

Last edited:
It survived the maiden voyage! I drove it hard for 27 minutes in short grass to test the setup.

Here are my first impressions and data log:
  • ESC: Performed well with a max temp of 131F.
  • Motor: Torque for days but will need lower gearing or a fan. 170F max and I stopped the run.
  • Servo: Steering isn't great. Not undriveable, but kind of loose and not great at centering.
  • Speed: 54mph in short grass. Plenty fast for me.
  • Handling: Drives well, doesn't tip over during turns, soaks up uneven ground.
  • Throttle: Smooth delivery. Really good for a non-sensored system.
  • Telemetry: Convenient. I was worried about inaccuracy, but the transmitter and a separate heat gun showed the same temps.
  • Batteries: Connectors and batteries were luke warm. 3.6V after 27 minutes of very hard driving. I'll take that.
  • Extended battery trays: Held up great.
  • Noise: There's a lot of rattling. I think it's the body moving vertically. Do people put foam on the body posts for this?

1677707212321.png

Last edited:
Sounds like it's running pretty good. I would attempt a fan to see if that helps with temps. 55 mph is a pretty good speed to shoot for. It allows you to be able to hit high speed berms and still have a little extra throttle to correct in the air if your nose goes down.
My body rattles pretty bad, but my fan is so loud I can barely hear it. I have a big Powerhobby single fan that sounds like a jet engine.

Very clean looking build. Those battery trays you made look very nice. Thanks for posting that along with your setup and impressions. Will definitely be following along.

Man I need those battery trays lol.
Agreed. I need my Azure batteries to fit in this thing.

Very clean looking build. Those battery trays you made look very nice. Thanks for posting that along with your setup and impressions. Will definitely be following along.

Agreed. I need my Azure batteries to fit in this thing.
The link to the file isn't working anymore! I should have downloaded it so I can find someone to print it for me :cry:

@dure16 print me a few bro!! I'll pay you :cool:

Honestly I don't know why arrma didn't do this from the start. I bet so many people just assumed the outcast had the same size trays as the kraton. I know I did :eek:

Honestly I don't know why arrma didn't do this from the start. I bet so many people just assumed the outcast had the same size trays as the kraton. I know I did :eek:
I agree. I was pretty surprised when I saw the stock trays.

I'd understand if there was some kind of design or space limitation, but there isn't. All that free space is just there for the taking 🤷‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back