Senton Update on axle shields

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
0B2CD929-7E69-4441-BF95-D932C1827B6E.jpeg
0E24CF96-CBE9-4AFB-B4B7-C95272DD2228.jpeg
Previous plastic guards didn’t hold up as well as I thought one must have got hit by a pebble and it cracked a chunk of it so I made new ones out of Aluminum and also attached with screws instead of double sided tape

Was coming to share what i made seen some on ebay for 11 bucks but decided to make my own then found this thread. don't know how theyll do made out of .30 styrene but we will see
1516260839237862641956.jpg

Looks good I originally attached the first ones that were thin plexiglass that i bought at Hobby Lobby with double sided tape but as you know mine cracked and dirt made tape loosen up. So on the aluminum one i put shield up to lower arm and looked for deepest part of plastic to drill a small hole i used a #45 drill bit. There’s two spot on arm for doing this. Put a little tape on shield after i drilled holes in them then stuck them onto lower arm and then carefully drilled hole into lower arm and attached with screws. I have found that these shields do work well and keep dirt out of the hub bearing as well as grass out too. I’ll have to update my listing on ebay because the plastic ones aren’t durable enough I’ll just send them the aluminum ones instead.

Looks good I originally attached the first ones that were thin plexiglass that i bought at Hobby Lobby with double sided tape but as you know mine cracked and dirt made tape loosen up. So on the aluminum one i put shield up to lower arm and looked for deepest part of plastic to drill a small hole i used a #45 drill bit. There’s two spot on arm for doing this. Put a little tape on shield after i drilled holes in them then stuck them onto lower arm and then carefully drilled hole into lower arm and attached with screws. I have found that these shields do work well and keep dirt out of the hub bearing as well as grass out too. I’ll have to update my listing on ebay because the plastic ones aren’t durable enough I’ll just send them the aluminum ones instead.

Got my gaurds today and they are nice and good fit too. Thank you thunderbird1983 for a great product.
Now only thing wrong is there still clean lol.
20180127_021727.jpg

Glad you received them and Thank you for your purchase by the way how do you like the Gool motor esc set-up and what pinion are you running. I’m runnig a 17T

It says its a surpass but i think its a gool just different name but it seems to be pretty good. I run the 17 tooth but I put a 27 just to see what kinda speeds i can get our of it. Now the rain needs to let up so i can run it.

I hear that on the rain it seems to always rain on race day lol check out the plate i did for protecting the servo linkage i just posted it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back