Kraton Kraton 4S is a rollercoaster of hate/like.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It takes 5 minutes of research to find out the STX2 is pile of crap. Thankfully you can grab a Tactic for cheap. I have 4 or 5 laying around unused.

I hope Arrma goes the the DX2 for the 6S trucks at least.

maybe the slipper needs tightened to get it to stop better, idk as I don’t own any 4s models. Sorry for your frustration, if you call horizon they ll get you a new radio.

DX5, yeah going from a $20 POS to a $200 radio is quite the jump. I use it with my 6 racers (cars that I know only I will drive). Other than that, every single car I own have been used by others at some point, so I'd rather keep labeled radios. I would go with Tactic, DX2E, or even another TQi system, especially if you're used to it.

Ahhh whatever whatever. Guy up there says he shattered a pinion gear, he’s clearly doing something wrong. Like I said, not here to argue. I guess I’m attached to the car because I was one of the first to buy it, and if you reread your words you’ll see where I’m coming from, because you got all toxic for no reason when I’m just talking about my first hand account of radio control. You’re also lying right to everyone here because if you land flat, there’s no forward to backward force on an rc. That “shock cover” you shattered is a rear chassis brace, and will snap if you screw up a jump catastrophically. Drive one before you comment.

And lumberton is a 2 hour drive from me.

Kevin breaks stuff it’s fun because he’s funny and can afford it. I love Richduperbash’s Kraton 4s review! He SENDS IT and it hasn’t broken yet! It looks very impressive in that video! I don’t think he’s using the stock radio though.

I'll take my 4s kraton over a piece of sh!t erevo any day. What a pain in the azz to work on. Always!!!??‍♂️
And quit crying dude. It’s an arrmaforum I know but that was one post, it’s a hobby, get over it please.
Kevin breaks stuff it’s fun because he’s funny and can afford it. I love Richduperbash’s Kraton 4s review! He SENDS IT and it hasn’t broken yet! It looks very impressive in that video! I don’t think he’s using the stock radio though.
Yeah that guy Rich D gets up there! Kevin Talbot is an example of what happens to an rc when you don’t land correctly. When he breaks any truck everyone’s fine but as soon as it’s this brand, everyone cries lol.

Every single time Kevin touches a RC, he breaks it, no matter the brand. It is hilarious to watch though.

The first parts to break on screwed jumps are the arms. Any jump, no matter the height or distance. This is true for EVERY RC. You really have to go ham on a metal chassis to bend it. 30-50ft isn't going to do it. Also the STX2 is a pile of dog poop. The only reasons you would use it is not knowing that fact, you want to wreck your car, or you want your car to take off & wreck itself :eek:

When I asked an uber RC airplane builder I know about the A Arm issue on the Kraton 4S he just said... longer arms are going to break more often. It's what they are designed to do, the A Arms are supposed to be the thing that is taking all the stress. If it had a reputation for breaking all the rest of the suspension parts and not the A Arms, that would be a bad design. The A Arms are what are supposed to be breaking, instead of everything else.

Ahhh whatever whatever. Guy up there says he shattered a pinion gear, he’s clearly doing something wrong. Like I said, not here to argue. I guess I’m attached to the car because I was one of the first to buy it, and if you reread your words you’ll see where I’m coming from, because you got all toxic for no reason when I’m just talking about my first hand account of radio control. You’re also lying right to everyone here because if you land flat, there’s no forward to backward force on an rc. That “shock cover” you shattered is a rear chassis brace, and will snap if you screw up a jump catastrophically. Drive one before you comment.

And lumberton is a 2 hour drive from me.
You didn't read what I wrote at all. I bought it used for $250. Everything on it I replaced off the bat was broken already, including the rear brace. It was bone stock with all the breakages. The seller brought it in to my LHS while I was there & I ended up coming home with it. He apparently had the blowouts at full speed & crashed it hard. I had a 1.0 as well for 8 years that constantly needed work & never saw 6s. The remnants are still in the shed. To say I'm straight up lying is pretty toxic on your part. It's just my experience with a used car. I have no idea what the prior owner did to it except for what he told me & I bought it with that in mind. It's a very solid car now. I also love the suspension, it's definitely better than any flat chassis car. Anyway, sintered gears break & shatter all the time (X-MAXX :mad:). Arrma's pinions aren't sintered but they are very poor metal that break all the time too. I haven't had any spur problem though. Also when landing, you have both horizontal & vertical forces on the car - It's MOVING both forward & downward when it lands, not only that but it both experience gravity & drag while in the air.

I see that you're attached to the car & you might see that I'm attacking it but I'm not. That's just what I had to do to get it going & what I broke afterwards. It's been break-free since but I have a bad feeling about the diffs. They already been through a wreck once.

When I asked an uber RC airplane builder I know about the A Arm issue on the Kraton 4S he just said... longer arms are going to break more often. It's what they are designed to do, the A Arms are supposed to be the thing that is taking all the stress. If it had a reputation for breaking all the rest of the suspension parts and not the A Arms, that would be a bad design. The A Arms are what are supposed to be breaking, instead of everything else.
That's exactly what the A-arms are for. They are a part of the suspension. More flexible arms act as another dampener just like the shock but they can be too flexible like the upper arms on Force 1/8 trucks & too brittle like these arms. RPM arms are that happy medium but they are sickly brittle in cold weather, more so than harder plastic. A lot of people don't know that.

Last edited:
A arms aren’t supposed to break as soon as you don’t land perfectly flat. Yes they’re supposed to be the point that gives during a collision but you’re not seeing that we’re all breaking them from normal driving.

I’ve got a bit of all rc out there you name it. Arrma, Traxxas, X-ray, Tekno, HPI. I sold my erevo 2.0 simply because I kept busting the end links out and it drives me crazy haha. Otherwise it was a tough truck. I’ve had my Kraton V3 6s for a while no major issues I can say just worn rear diffs and shocks after a long while. I will say the truck that can take the absolute beating from my driving style is my Xmaxx. I landed the thing about 35ft to flat by accident after launching it and the only thing that happened was the junky pinion and Spur shattered. I replaced it with Gds gears and no issues since. I really want to buy a 4S outcast or Kraton but I won’t be using that junky Spektrum radio they include ill switch it to a Tactic. I do use a DX5C which is a high quality radio I think though. Too bad spektrum bottom line radios are such low standards

I’ve got a bit of all rc out there you name it. Arrma, Traxxas, X-ray, Tekno, HPI. I sold my erevo 2.0 simply because I kept busting the end links out and it drives me crazy haha. Otherwise it was a tough truck. I’ve had my Kraton V3 6s for a while no major issues I can say just worn rear diffs and shocks after a long while. I will say the truck that can take the absolute beating from my driving style is my Xmaxx. I landed the thing about 35ft to flat by accident after launching it and the only thing that happened was the junky pinion and Spur shattered. I replaced it with Gds gears and no issues since. I really want to buy a 4S outcast or Kraton but I won’t be using that junky Spektrum radio they include ill switch it to a Tactic. I do use a DX5C which is a high quality radio I think though. Too bad spektrum bottom line radios are such low standards
Same thing with my senton, I’ve had no problems at all, just a rear diff and go be fair it lasted about 70 runs so I’m not complaining. I also use a tactic on my 4s. Don’t let your 6s truck brainwash you, the 4s’s aren’t all that good.

Same thing with my senton, I’ve had no problems at all, just a rear diff and go be fair it lasted about 70 runs so I’m not complaining. I also use a tactic on my 4s. Don’t let your 6s truck brainwash you, the 4s’s aren’t all that good.

Yes those Senton are a beast of a truck! That’s pretty good ya I can handle worn parts after a while. I’ve seen here mixed opinions on the 4S line up so I haven’t taken the plunge yet. I know it’s a bit more but I was looking at the Tekno mt410 Kit. I can get one here for just about $50 more and the thing is I have radio, body, tires and Arrma 6s esc and motor to complete it so for me it’s something I’ve been thinking about for a while haha. I hate building kits in the summer when I should just be out having fun lol

The best arms on any car I have are the Basher Sabertooth with the JLB Cheetah being a distant 2nd. You can trash the thing to hell & back & never break an arm. The shocks towers are pathetic & the diffs are playdough but the arms will take everything you can dish out. They aren't overly flexible either. The JLB arms are made from the same material but are too thin & will twist. You can actually twist them (ON THE CAR) so that the lower arm is on top & vice versa. That's nuts. Unfortunately, if all cars had the Basher & JLB arm material, it would either need to be super thick like the Basher or have the same problems as the JLB. They won't break though. Meaning that it would have companies losing tons of $$$ on replacement arms, or they would have other obvious failure parts to make up for it.

A member here made arms out of #6 10mm nylon, something I did back in the 90s. It's not an option for everyone but it is a solution until RPM comes through. I really wanted to convert my Senton & Granite to the 4s counterparts but I'm not touching that until we get some decent driveshafts & arms.

I will say the truck that can take the absolute beating from my driving style is my Xmaxx.
I run 20/30 mod 1.5 gears on one of my X-Maxx's - the super cheap eBay stuff. Both gears were $14. With the China spiral gears, the thing sounds like a beast that will eat anything in its path. I just got an unbreakable body for it. I didn't buy my mt410 until winter when I had plenty of downtime. I do RC in the snow but I don't feel like I'm wasting time building a kit then. It would feel like torture now :ROFLMAO:

The best arms on any car I have are the Basher Sabertooth with the JLB Cheetah being a distant 2nd. You can trash the thing to hell & back & never break an arm. The shocks towers are pathetic & the diffs are playdough but the arms will take everything you can dish out. They aren't overly flexible either. The JLB arms are made from the same material but are too thin & will twist. You can actually twist them (ON THE CAR) so that the lower arm is on top & vice versa. That's nuts. Unfortunately, if all cars had the Basher & JLB arm material, it would either need to be super thick like the Basher or have the same problems as the JLB. They won't break though. Meaning that it would have companies losing tons of $$$ on replacement arms, or they would have other obvious failure parts to make up for it.

A member here made arms out of #6 10mm nylon, something I did back in the 90s. It's not an option for everyone but it is a solution until RPM comes through. I really wanted to convert my Senton & Granite to the 4s counterparts but I'm not touching that until we get some decent driveshafts & arms.
The reason your arms never break are because the towers and bulkheads are designed so horribly that they break (which gives) before the a arm can get stressed lol.

I would never try to do big jumps with cars like these, just from watching a lot of YouTube videos you can tell that only the 6S cars can truly handle that... and even then only if you are being careful about it like Aussie RC or Duper. Skate park tracks are for trying to break something on any car. I can see why people like it, and if I had the money I might do it a little with cheap cars. But I just see this 4S Kraton as a really awesome starter car that I will slide around on pavement with, or at first zip around this open field, just learning to drive. I don't see it as capable of more than 4-6 distance hops a foot or two off the ground and that's the most I ever plan to do with this car. I'll probably be OK with the A Arms unless I hit something head on... which is part of why I got the front bumper to help a little if that happens. From what I have seen in videos... I don't expect anything less than 6S cars to survive even perfectly landed 20ft jumps for long.

I would never try to do big jumps with cars like these, just from watching a lot of YouTube videos you can tell that only the 6S cars can truly handle that... and even then only if you are being careful about it like Aussie RC or Duper. Skate park tracks are for trying to break something on any car. I can see why people like it, and if I had the money I might do it a little with cheap cars. But I just see this 4S Kraton as a really awesome starter car that I will slide around on pavement with, or at first zip around this open field, just learning to drive. I don't see it as capable of more than 4-6 distance hops a foot or two off the ground and that's the most I ever plan to do with this car. I'll probably be OK with the A Arms unless I hit something head on... which is part of why I got the front bumper to help a little if that happens. From what I have seen in videos... I don't expect anything less than 6S cars to survive even perfectly landed 20ft jumps for long.
+1 on the jump thing. I bought my outcast because I didn’t want to spend $500 on another rc, so I saved a few bucks and bought something that in my mind would be more portable and offer all the fun in a slightly smaller and slightly less powerful package, at a slightly less price point. What I ended up receiving was a substantially less capable platform, and as you said, it’s better suited to smaller jumps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back