Kraton Updated Kraton Esc Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure about a 5s damaging your esc but with any Lipo if you run it lower than the recommended voltage you can destroy the battery. The battery can puff, heat up and possibly catch fire. Lipo alarms are fairly cheap, around $10 or so for ones with buzzers. The Lipo alarm is plug and play, they just plug into the balance lead off the battery. Yes you can bypass the Lipo low voltage by running the esc in nimh mode but you must run the external Lipo alarm to prevent any damage to the battery or you rig. You can purchase a Lipo alarm from Amazon, eBay and other places, just Google Lipo alarms.
Yes I think that the lipo to nimh setting will not damage the esc as the lipo setting should usually be for Low voltage protection. I got two alarm buzzers off eBay just to have a more accurate reading. I thought all hopes were lost when I bought 2 5s packs and paid a lot for shipping as I am from Singapore. Most 5s packs in my country are soft packs therefore I was looking for a hard case for 5s. Arrma support parts in my country is zero to none and I order parts from tower hobbies and amain. I read somewhere in another thread that someone had a talion with the same situation as me(having purchased 5s for blx185). You had helped me out a lot for the detection setting. As I thought that I need to ditch my stock New esc for a max8.(pocket already feels light!) Furthermore,I will only run my truck when my voltage buzzer arrives.
Thank you MeesterC

Yes I think that the lipo to nimh setting will not damage the esc as the lipo setting should usually be for Low voltage protection. I got two alarm buzzers off eBay just to have a more accurate reading. I thought all hopes were lost when I bought 2 5s packs and paid a lot for shipping as I am from Singapore. Most 5s packs in my country are soft packs therefore I was looking for a hard case for 5s. Arrma support parts in my country is zero to none and I order parts from tower hobbies and amain. I read somewhere in another thread that someone had a talion with the same situation as me(having purchased 5s for blx185). You had helped me out a lot for the detection setting. As I thought that I need to ditch my stock New esc for a max8.(pocket already feels light!) Furthermore,I will only run my truck when my voltage buzzer arrives.
Thank you MeesterC
You are very welcome. We are all here to help one another. Hope you enjoy it and good luck!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back