Kraton Updated Kraton Esc Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justpassedu

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey all new member here. The new Kraton models , are they using the 185 esc and if so can a hobbywing program card be used with them ? I know they can be manually set by beeps from doing some reading but I have not found anymore info. - Ty

I ordered mine about 2 weeks ago from tower.. it has the updated ESC. I've read on other sites they can, but can't confirm firsthand. I have a hobbywing card on the way, should be here in a couple days, so I can confirm then if no one else has by that point.

Easier to tune it thrue the set button.

How to set your blx 185: ( thanks to Ronald Broderon )

Turn radio on, press and hold small button next to the turn on switch, turn on, wait until green light blinks once and let small button go: you are in the first setting menu for: lipo or nimh
Turn esc off, turn esc on while holding small set button again until green led blinks twice: now let the button go, you are in the menu 2 for punch settings, press set button once, red led will blink and show you the punch setting, red led blinks once, punch on one, and so on, put it on 1 long red light and 1 short red light, thats setting punch on 6
Turn esc off to save settings and repeat as above.
Blx185 Settings:
1. lipo or nimh
2. punch in 9 steps from low to high
3. brake in 3 steps from low to high
4. running mode (forward/brake or forward/brake/reverse)
5. turn direction of motor (reverse or forward)

Easier to tune it thrue the set button.

How to set your blx 185: ( thanks to Ronald Broderon )

Turn radio on, press and hold small button next to the turn on switch, turn on, wait until green light blinks once and let small button go: you are in the first setting menu for: LiPo or NiMH
Turn esc off, turn esc on while holding small set button again until green led blinks twice: now let the button go, you are in the menu 2 for punch settings, press set button once, red led will blink and show you the punch setting, red led blinks once, punch on one, and so on, put it on 1 long red light and 1 short red light, thats setting punch on 6
Turn esc off to save settings and repeat as above.
Blx185 Settings:
1. LiPo or NiMH
2. punch in 9 steps from low to high
3. brake in 3 steps from low to high
4. running mode (forward/brake or forward/brake/reverse)
5. turn direction of motor (reverse or forward)
Thanks Thomas P , that will come in handy when I pick up a Kraton. I still would say it is much easier to use a program card and if the hobby wing 1 works for $10 , it is a no brainer for me to pick up for quick changes of settings out on the field.

Thanks Thomas P , that will come in handy when I pick up a Kraton. I still would say it is much easier to use a program card and if the hobby wing 1 works for $10 , it is a no brainer for me to pick up for quick changes of settings out on the field.

What's up guys don't get to excited about blx185 new truck out of box ran 10 minutes esc problem had to remove and send back to arrma 800 bucks between truck and a couple hop up parts already in pieces bull poop

What's up guys don't get to excited about blx185 new truck out of box ran 10 minutes esc problem had to remove and send back to arrma 800 bucks between truck and a couple hop up parts already in pieces bull poop

Were you running 6s? Just curious.. I've had mine a little over two weeks. Been beating the hell out of it, no issues at all.. albeit, am only using 4s at the moment. I do have a 5s battery coming soon and hope to eventually get up to 6s, but planned to let some others guinea pig that and provide some feedback. That said, any feedback from anyone else that has any experience running Kraton 2.0 on 5s/6s would be appreciated... whether positive or negative.

Am truly sorry that you had issues, especially that quickly.. without trying to rub salt on any wounds, I will say that I am completely happy with my Kraton thus far.. though being relatively new to the hobby I don't have much to compare it to other than my daughter's Granite and a few 1/10 models belonging to friends. Looks like I'll be waiting a bit longer before attempting 6s though. I don't mind and even expect to do some damage once I make the switch, but I'd like to know the ESC can handle it. Maybe (hopefully?) the issues with yours was just a fluke and the replacement from ARRMA will hold up better.. though that probably doesn't do much to make you feel better now...

Were you running 6s? Just curious.. I've had mine a little over two weeks. Been beating the hell out of it, no issues at all.. albeit, am only using 4s at the moment. I do have a 5s battery coming soon and hope to eventually get up to 6s, but planned to let some others guinea pig that and provide some feedback. That said, any feedback from anyone else that has any experience running Kraton 2.0 on 5s/6s would be appreciated... whether positive or negative.

Am truly sorry that you had issues, especially that quickly.. without trying to rub salt on any wounds, I will say that I am completely happy with my Kraton thus far.. though being relatively new to the hobby I don't have much to compare it to other than my daughter's Granite and a few 1/10 models belonging to friends. Looks like I'll be waiting a bit longer before attempting 6s though. I don't mind and even expect to do some damage once I make the switch, but I'd like to know the ESC can handle it. Maybe (hopefully?) the issues with yours was just a fluke and the replacement from ARRMA will hold up better.. though that probably doesn't do much to make you feel better now...

Yes I was running a 6s and I didn't have the space to run truck full throttle were i un boxed it hopefully they figure it out keep on bashing I have a slash 4x4 and a monster gt to keep me occupied

Vinyl bats- Sorry about your bad luck man, Im sure Arrma will treat you well on getting it resolved from what I have read from others experiences with them though..

@nwdm1537- I have been bashing the hell out of mine also. I have plenty of room to run it at speed also, so I consider it a good test. Stock pinion on 6s the whole time, about 10+ runs in and no issues whatsoever with the blx185.

Yes I was running a 6s and I didn't have the space to run truck full throttle were i un boxed it hopefully they figure it out keep on bashing I have a slash 4x4 and a monster gt to keep me occupied
I understand being mad that your esc has gone , that sucks and hope arrma fixes the issue quickly , I heard this is there new esc , problems shouldn't happen but are you also complaining that you crashed your new truck on 6s and are upset bc parts have broken ? or did the parts just break on there own , running 6s and having a crash will result in broken parts on any vehicle out there. That's just the nature of the hobby , you wanna go fast prepare to have things break if you crash. If you didn't hit anything and they just broke , let us know bc that should not be happening.

I understand being mad that your esc has gone , that sucks and hope arrma fixes the issue quickly , I heard this is there new esc , problems shouldn't happen but are you also complaining that you crashed your new truck on 6s and are upset bc parts have broken ? or did the parts just break on there own , running 6s and having a crash will result in broken parts on any vehicle out there. That's just the nature of the hobby , you wanna go fast prepare to have things break if you crash. If you didn't hit anything and they just broke , let us know bc that should not be happening.

No I didn't crash truck was out of box less then 10 minutes if I did crash poop on me that's part of the game simply another bad esc blx185 I think is the same as blx180 different color what are they going to do keep sending me poop till the warranty is over then I have to dig deeper into my pocket to solve arrma's problem buy replacing with better quality parts

No I didn't crash truck was out of box less then 10 minutes if I did crash poop on me that's part of the game simply another bad esc blx185 I think is the same as blx180 different color what are they going to do keep sending me poop till the warranty is over then I have to dig deeper into my pocket to solve arrma's problem buy replacing with better quality parts
You said you broke parts - " between truck and a couple hop up parts already in pieces bull poop" , What parts broke and how beside the Esc ? , blx185 and 180 are not the same esc's , two different types with different specs , the 185 is limited to a 6v bec. It is supposed to be better than the 180 in some ways though. You are the 1st I have heard of having a problem with it.

By in pieces I was trying to say brand new truck already had to send a part back its been 12 days now no answer for me or new part at my door new truck on work bench out of commission after spending 800 bucks I expect it last more then 10 min

By in pieces I was trying to say brand new truck already had to send a part back its been 12 days now no answer for me or new part at my door new truck on work bench out of commission after spending 800 bucks I expect it last more then 10 min
I got ya sorry to hear that man , so they don't answer your emails or calls ? I'm wishing you luck.

I've had good experiences when calling them.. but once went over a week before getting even a generic response through email.. so now I pick up the phone. Not sure how you're trying to reach them, but I call (217) 398-8970 opt. 5.

You said they are asking you to send the ESC in? When my motor, servo(s) and ESC all went on the granite they just simply sent out replacements. The small issues I have had with the Kraton are my fault.. cracked body, body clip retainer snapping, shock retainers popping out... Can't fault them for small issues like those when they happen due to crashes. Maybe the blx185 being a more expensive part makes them want to try and repair, or replace it, themselves. Or maybe with it being new they want firsthand experience with any that have issues so they can make adjustments in production, if necessary? Either way.. I'd recommend trying to call that number, if you already haven't.

Hopefully you have better luck getting things going. Am sure the experience has left a bit of a sour taste, but I hope you're able to enjoy yours as much as I do mine soon.

Yup I had to send part back told me they would even cover all the shipping went to ups arrma wouldn't pay for the little box I needed to send it back because I wasn't happy with an envelope if I would have known all this probably would have purchased different brand bought three rc in one week my wife and 6yr old daughter having a blast and me the donkey watching my nitro to loud at night so I'm limited when I can run my monster gt

Thanks for that phone number just tried calling them they knew as much as the stump on my front lawn

Yup I had to send part back told me they would even cover all the shipping went to ups arrma wouldn't pay for the little box I needed to send it back because I wasn't happy with an envelope if I would have known all this probably would have purchased different brand bought three rc in one week my wife and 6yr old daughter having a blast and me the donkey watching my nitro to loud at night so I'm limited when I can run my monster gt

Thanks for that phone number just tried calling them they knew as much as the stump on my front lawn

Nwdm 1537 thanks for that number just spoke to a Bonnie at Tech support who knew her poop she going to send some parts esc is already on its way back in would definitely ask for her 3 other calls to different number were not informative all they wanted was a pay check not helpful for consumers they were like robots programed to say send part back send part back

Nwdm 1537 thanks for that number just spoke to a Bonnie at Tech support who knew her poop she going to send some parts esc is already on its way back in would definitely ask for her 3 other calls to different number were not informative all they wanted was a pay check not helpful for consumers they were like robots programed to say send part back send part back

Awesome! Very happy you had a better experience this time.. hopefully you get the parts and never have another need to call them, but on the chance you do they always seem to know what they're talking about when I call that number. I'm new to the hobby myself and the few times I've called about warranty parts I have asked questions about parts, recommended upgrades, etc... they always seem to know what they're talking about. No "hold please..." and then obviously reading the results they found googling it. But genuine answers from a person who is obviously very knowledgeable.

Hope you're back up and running soon.. be well!

I ordered mine about 2 weeks ago from tower.. it has the updated ESC. I've read on other sites they can, but can't confirm firsthand. I have a hobbywing card on the way, should be here in a couple days, so I can confirm then if no one else has by that point.

So any luck with the programming card & if so which one did you purchase ? Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back