Updated Nero review and discussion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thx for sharing...got run one through the non diff version...luv it. Only mod was 500k diff oil in center...helps put the power down and keep front tires from balloning.

How do the trenchers compare to stock tires?

Also noticed you change the position on the shocks...assuming puts less stress on cantilever?

Thx for sharing...got run one through the non diff version...luv it. Only mod was 500k diff oil in center...helps put the power down and keep front tires from balloning.

How do the trenchers compare to stock tires?

Also noticed you change the position on the shocks...assuming puts less stress on cantilever?
I have been playing with center oil too, if I had the non diff id do exactly what you did. That's what I did to the mini e Revo I modded to insanity and that definitely works.
The trenchers definitely perform better off road but I do think the stock tires are really good. Excellent even compared to most stock tires. The trenchers help stay nice a plush on landings too, and I've burned two holes in each to keep the insides from filling with water.
I did move the stock suspension you're right. I feel if they're all in line you get more ride height without having to increase preload as much and being in line I also think will strain the joints with those pillow ball bearings in the rods less.

Good video man, Thanks
Thanks! Ive been away playing with racing drones but it's been raining so I figured it's a good time to give arrma some love.

I have a set of trenchers from my savage 4.6...didnt like them with the savage because they were noticeably heavy and would wear/break the drivetrain...

However, the nero drivetrain apperars stronger and come stock with heavy tires...assuming your trencher haven't been problematic?

I have a set of trenchers from my savage 4.6...didnt like them with the savage because they were noticeably heavy and would wear/break the drivetrain...

However, the nero drivetrain apperars stronger and come stock with heavy tires...assuming your trencher haven't been problematic?
Nope haven't been a problem. The Nero drivetrain is very beefy, as you said. Only downside to them is even with a stronger than stock servo you can't really turn them at standstill because there's just too much grip. But since it's not a crawler that basically doesn't matter.

Good video. I've seen a couple of times about those associated rod ends. However I haven't heard of what balls were used w/ them? Can you shed some light on that?

Good video. I've seen a couple of times about those associated rod ends. However I haven't heard of what balls were used w/ them? Can you shed some light on that?
Sure! So the kit comes with two different sets of rod ends and balls. So you need to buy two packs to do front and rear top and bottom. There's one set in the package which is slightly smaller than the other. This set I used the normal looking rod end balls that came with 89077 and these are the rod ends I used in the bottom a arm. The beefier set I used in the top at the cantilever but simply popped in the stock arrma balls. I should make a video specific to this.

I tried the associated rod ends. Had to dremel out the lower a arm to be able to get the screw in freely. The upper was so large it rubbed on the upper a arm. I don't recommend using the associated rod ends. They just aren't right. I think the put more stress in other places.

I tried the associated rod ends. Had to dremel out the lower a arm to be able to get the screw in freely. The upper was so large it rubbed on the upper a arm. I don't recommend using the associated rod ends. They just aren't right. I think the put more stress in other places.
Didn't have to do any of that with mine. You can see up close in my YouTube video it fit with no dremel and no rubbing. haven't broken one yet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back