Upgrade Advice - Limitless Rest DB Driveshaft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FBRC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Talion
New to RC as well as this forum and im looking for some direction to obtain a stronger driveshaft for my limitless. I run 2 x 4s 100c lipos for 8s and I've bent the rear dogbone and actually can watch it wobble at 50 to 70% throttle. What are the preferred materials for RC drive shafts at this kind of power and speed? Has anyone located a home fab or manufacturer that has a better one than the stock? Assuming aluminum or Titanium is probably the only way to go but as I said i am new to RC and would appreciate any advice.

I do speed runs but its not the only thing im interested in as I also try to make tracks from parking lots so handling and acceleration is also important just not as much.

Current setup, changes quickly

Max 5 ESC
Turnigy XK 1450kv
Stock spool 34T? Looking at the 29T or lower
RR - 29T Hardened Pinion ^ ^ ^ going up!
2x Yowoo 4s 100c Graphene Lipo
Proline Prime 2.8s and Dem Boots

I also own a Talion v4 and 2 redcat Shredders all have been tested on 8s but the Limitless is now my favorite car.

Last edited:
New to RC as well as this forum and im looking for some direction to obtain a stronger driveshaft for my limitless. I run 2 x 4s 100c lipos for 8s and I've bent the rear dogbone and actually can watch it wobble at 50 to 70% throttle. What are the preferred materials for RC drive shafts at this kind of power and speed? Has anyone located a home fab or manufacturer that has a better one than the stock? Assuming aluminum or Titanium is probably the only way to go but as I said i am new to RC and would appreciate any advice.

I do speed runs but its not the only thing im interested in as I also try to make tracks from parking lots so handling and acceleration is also important just not as much.

Current setup, changes quickly

Max 5 ESC
Turnigy XK 1450kv
Stock spool 34T? Looking at the 29T or lower
RR - 29T Hardened Pinion ^ ^ ^ going up!
2x Yowoo 4s 100c Graphene Lipo
Proline Prime 2.8s and Dem Boots

I also own a Talion v4 and 2 redcat Shredders all have been tested on 8s but the Limitless is now my favorite car.
Check this out

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...his-has-been-posted-already.14400/post-183720

Man thank you! Ill be picking up those + a TP Power Brushless 5840L 1550kv and since I wrecked hard last night ill be grabbing a new chassis while I am at it. Thanks again for the fast response and the problem im having is exactly what you linked.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back