Senton Upgrade - Driveshaft High Speed Support

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larrys4227

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
Purchased this on my last order, but didn't realize that the driveshaft is different in the 3s BLX. I'll update when the new shafts come in.

I'm actually excited about this one. The driveshafts in both my Mega trucks run out of round at high speed

IMG_20180909_080948.jpg

I think the high speed support is not designed very well. It sits just a hair too high and you actually have to bend the shaft to get it to fit. You end up with a bowed shaft. I'm going to either modify mine or ditch it completely. You can see what I'm talking about in these pictures.

20180930_104857.jpg
20180930_104909.jpg

You need to push, hard, the plastic bearing support all the way into the chassis. Mine did the same thing and was bowed. I used a proper sized Allen wrench in the screw hole to seat it ... It went in hard. Mine is perfect now..

I think the high speed support is not designed very well. It sits just a hair too high and you actually have to bend the shaft to get it to fit. You end up with a bowed shaft. I'm going to either modify mine or ditch it completely. You can see what I'm talking about in these pictures.

View attachment 22587View attachment 22588
What size motor is that? I have about 1-2 inches between my motor and my esc

What size motor is that? I have about 1-2 inches between my motor and my esc
That looks like a Castle 1717 or similar sized Castle motor, and the 1717 motor is 47mm in diameter. It's overkill for a 3s vehicle, but I recently installed one in my Kraton 6s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back