Upgrade esc an motor for kraton 8s...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamcelestine86

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions for a better motor an esc for kraton 8s? Looking for more power an a esc an fan combo that can handle more heat

I'll be getting the Hobbywing Max 5 this week. Seems like it's the go to one as well as Hobbywing being the got to for ESC/motor across the hobby in general.

Would the (apparently very popular) Hobbywing motor work with the stock ESC? I can see that some people run the Spektrum 780kv and are happy with it. So I am asking myself whether a new ESC is necessary at all. Notably I first need to do some testing with larger pinions and stock motor (who knows, maybe that works out to be “enough” for my taste).

Would the (apparently very popular) Hobbywing motor work with the stock ESC? I can see that some people run the Spektrum 780kv and are happy with it. So I am asking myself whether a new ESC is necessary at all. Notably I first need to do some testing with larger pinions and stock motor (who knows, maybe that works out to be “enough” for my taste).
I would say yes, my motor is very similar. Hobbystar 5692 1120kv. Esc works great however I imagine there’s performance to be gained with the max5.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back