Typhon Upgrade help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesban

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Didn't see a typhon forum so hope this is the right place. I couldn't find the blx 3s model typhon ANYWHERE! so that wasnt an option. After months of trying to find one I got the mega and planned to upgrade. I already had a 1/8 hobbywing 2250 motor and esc. I guess that setup would destroy this car though. I guess just to upgrade to 3S I need to get the blx spur and slipper and diffs. and HD input gears. It seems you can save a little money getting the diff cases, planetary gears and gaskets and putting it together yourself. Also buying the spur and slipper separately and assembling yourself. Will I need anything else besides the upgraded spur, slipper and diffs to run a 3660 size 2250kv motor and 3S? I also already bought the center support with the bearing.

I think there's a sticky thread somewhere that addresses necessary upgrades for 3s but cannot find it quickly. You may have some luck in the Voltage forum but I really don't have experience with this conversion. I imagine others will soon link because many here (hopefully still) have done the full deal.

damn. Thats cool a 3674 fits. Seems like most were putting 1/10 50mm cans in theirs and I wanted something a little bigger.

Yea I had to leave the esc were the stock one was and raise the body post to high as they go and the body stilll doesn’t fit good any more only put two holder pins in but no promblems

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 38
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back