Upgrade...Modify...or buy another ARRMA ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Just throwing poop against the wall. I see a ton of rc enthusiasts making their car into really another model either what they should have bought or just ready for a change...which I am somewhat guilty of. Keep in mind bigger tires put more stress on steering servo and motor needing more possible upgrades. KEEP THIS IN MIND...if you add up the total cost of all the upgrades to make that car the other car you possibly could have bought the other car for a little more and had 2 rc rigs ! You bought the first car for some things you like about it don't change it go buy the other one that has those things you like about it and have 2?. It's awesome to have a family member or friend come over the house and you hand them their own rc to play with you ;) Like I said just throwing poop against the wall ? Happy RCing !

Just throwing poop against the wall. I see a ton of rc enthusiasts making their car into really another model either what they should have bought or just ready for a change...which I am somewhat guilty of. Keep in mind bigger tires put more stress on steering servo and motor needing more possible upgrades. KEEP THIS IN MIND...if you add up the total cost of all the upgrades to make that car the other car you possibly could have bought the other car for a little more and had 2 rc rigs ! You bought the first car for some things you like about it don't change it go buy the other one that has those things you like about it and have 2?. It's awesome to have a family member or friend come over the house and you hand them their own rc to play with you ;) Like I said just throwing poop against the wall ? Happy RCing !

I guess some people prefer the challenge of converting there RC or the opportunity to tinker with it rather then just buying and just unboxing it. Built not bought. You learn more that way rather than just buying a whole new RC. ?‍♂️ I don't know, everyone has their own way of doing things. Maybe they didn't tally up the cost of all the parts first or they already had some spare parts available.

My build must be done personally.

There is no 1/8 Car stock with Titanium Chassie, RPM Arms. 4985 Motor and great esc. Also 35kg Servo.

Final price will be like 2000 dollar for me build it self.
Crazy? Yes
Fun? Alot

They can not build car like mine at Factory.
There is too many different options makers involved, Price would be too High sell them too.
How many will buy 2500 dollar 1/8 truggy ? Very Few i think.

options talion 6s v4.JPG

Check out the Build Threath with my Talion 6S Next month. There will be huge update then .

Some People Spend like 10000dollar on golfing, or surfing with travelling.

I hate Golf and Surfing.

I love RC.
Thats why it is worth it for me.
Spend money at something i like, and have alot fun with.
In my Case i love RC.
This is why i spend money to it :)

Last edited:
? I’m definitely one car focused as far as what to drive. However; I have a huge desire to create something unique or different than what you typically find. I’ve considered building a 1/16 scale Revo from purely aftermarket parts only and nothing Traxxas goes on it (BTW entirely possible, integy makes aluminum chassis for it?). I want to throw an 8s power system in a 1/10 scale for shits and giggles. The really fun one is creating a real RC that can drive when flipped over. Like those toys cars growing up.

Then there is throwing 1/5 scale parts on a 1/10 scale chassis to see what it would look like and how it would perform. Possibilities are endless. I sum it up as I want my everyday driver and I want one that is purely OPAF!

The really fun one is creating a real RC that can drive when flipped over. Like those toys cars growing up.

This! I’ve been wanting to build a 1/10 or 1/8 scale Tyco Rebound too!!! I start thinking it through and get stuck on the best suspension setup. I think it has to be Revo style.

This! I’ve been wanting to build a 1/10 or 1/8 scale Tyco Rebound too!!! I start thinking it through and get stuck on the best suspension setup. I think it has to be Revo style.

Buy one 1/8 talion, drive with stock low body.
Use Huge wheels, there is 200-210mm tires that fits. Then you can drive it upside down also if it flips
Use 13t pinion if you use stock combo
You can use like 15-16t with bigger stronger combo

Buy one 1/8 talion, drive with stock low body.
Use Huge wheels, there is 200-210mm tires that fits. Then you can drive it upside down also if it flips
Use 13t pinion if you use stock combo
You can use like 15-16t with bigger stronger combo

That’s not a bad idea. The suspension geometry is different when flipped over though.

Can't go wrong either way, but if someone only has one or two rigs, I would rather have more variety to bash. Seen so many people go from Kraton to OC, only to switch back over again. But if someone likes to tinker alot, I don't see anything wrong with that.

That’s not a bad idea. The suspension geometry is different when flipped over though.

PM me when you have found out this. When you got one 6s Arrma rig running upside down LOOOL :) Cool if you Success

Would be fun try and maybe worth buy one used talion for this :) Just play around with 4s, be able do the worst jumps without turn it back issue :) HAHAHHAA

There is the Plastic car manufacuter TRX ,they made couple plastic Maxx cars that really are hard controll.
Handling is crap.
They anyway got straight it up function. If the car flips. You push one buttom. Then 8 of 10 cases the Car stands right.
Pretty cool function.
Sad the cars are plastic junk.

Last edited:
PM me when you have found out this. When you got one 6s Arrma rig running upside down LOOOL :) Cool if you Success

Would be fun try and maybe worth buy one used talion for this :) Just play around with 4s, be able do the worst jumps without turn it back issue :) HAHAHHAA

There is the Plastic car manufacuter TRX ,they made couple plastic Maxx cars that really are hard controll.
Handling is crap.
They anyway got straight it up function. If the car flips. You push one buttom. Then 8 of 10 cases the Car stands right.
Pretty cool function.
Sad the cars are plastic junk.

Will do!

Unless I buy a truck that is really good out of the box, having 2 or more just means I have to buy the same upgrades 2 or more times.

I keep thinking about getting a typhon, but knowing what I know with my outcast, I'd be spending another $200 in parts to make it last for me.

I'm more prone to buying a different brand altogether and upgrading each to live through what I want to do with it. However, I think I would enjoy a typhon. lol!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back