Granite Upgrade Motor and Servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caffeine

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Granite
  3. Voltage
My servo started acting up.. dead spot. not sure how I killed it.. anyways.. I had a old metal gear servo so I swapped it in. it's a little slower then stock but it should keep me rolling.
so the bigger upgrade was the 10T motor. I put it in, it's very very easy to swap motors! so it was a short run on li-ion.. the motor and ESC where fine barley any heat at all

speed was up but not by much- I need to try a Li-Po!

after looking up specs of the 18650's, the specifications say 5 amps max so even 6 In parallel (3 x 3) means a max of 15amps MAX.. for some reason the battery plug was hot. much hotter then anything else.. not in danger mode. but not where I expected to find heat.

So here is the setup.

Servo LINK -https://www.banggood.com/TowerPro-MG996R-Metal-Gear-Digital-High-Torque-Servo-55g-p-982287.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

10T Motor LINK = https://www.asiatees.com/display?id=84062&brand=Miscellaneous&model=All

Attachments

• IMG_6568.JPG
    IMG_6568.JPG
    276.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_6567.JPG
    IMG_6567.JPG
    298.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Ours got hot on half a battery...
I put it through it's paces tonight.. 3300mAh 2S battery.. ran for at least 30 minutes pushing it as hard as I could.. Pretty snowy out so hard to keep it straight on the ice.. but it ran great! both motor and speed controller where warm to the touch but not hot.

It's fast! the rear tires where getting skinny. not 6s fast.. but for a voltage it was fast!

That asiatees motor looks like old school 90’s ST racer style. I like it. Nice to see it’s treating you well.

Anyone knows if there is a limit on how low you can go rewarding motor turns on the SRS ESC? I swaped the 20T that comes with it and put a 13T Brushed Motor but as soon as I hit full throthel the vehicle stops. The ESC i getting pretty hot also.

Anyone knows if there is a limit on how low you can go rewarding motor turns on the SRS ESC? I swaped the 20T that comes with it and put a 13T Brushed Motor but as soon as I hit full throthel the vehicle stops. The ESC i getting pretty hot also.
I’m running a 10T. By the math it should work. But I’m only running li-ion and I think this is why it cuts out on full throttle. No heat issues though. Again may be the li-ion. A LiPo can put a lot more current to the esc/motor then the li-ion can. I and getting a new li-po and going to try Again soon

I’m running a 10T. By the math it should work. But I’m only running li-ion and I think this is why it cuts out on full throttle. No heat issues though. Again may be the li-ion. A LiPo can put a lot more current to the esc/motor then the li-ion can. I and getting a new li-po and going to try Again soon
I' running a 6300mah 35C 2s LiPo and the 25T Pinion. If I can't fix the cut out thing i will try a 17T that I have laying around, If that don't work either I will keep running the 20T then. Never had any issue with that one, using the same pinion and LiPo.

I don't have the SRS but the 12T Titan works pretty well. There's no airflow for the motor where it's at adding a fan in any way you can will help keep the motor cooler which in turn will help keep the esc cooler. Also use a servo saver from a Stampede instead of the factory black one (that I have).

Attachments

• IMG_20190409_201229.jpg
    IMG_20190409_201229.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20190403_200513.jpg
    IMG_20190403_200513.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back