Big Rock Upgrade motor plate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basher27

Reaction score
I put a blk 2400 motor in my BR and was curious if I should also put a hot racing motor plate in for added strength?

Do you jump it a lot? I've got just a standard BLX motor plate in my Vorteks and it's held up fine to "normal" jumping (I don't send it to the moon, it just gets run a lot on a BMX track), and it's not given me any issues. If you're really sending it, it might be worth the upgrade, but I think supporting the rear of the motor (between the bottom of the motor and the chassis) is more important, and will prevent bending from happening regardless of the motor plate. A lot of guys just use foam or something just jammed under it, I know some people have 3d printed brackets/braces, etc.

The Hot Racing motor mount is just as weak as the stock mount, if you want a lot of strength, you may have to go with the M2C motor mount and brace. You could also print out a brace or have someone else print it for you, the files are here.

Which stock? theres the old version which is 5mm thick, but lately they start shipping a new 6mm version which is stronger. If you have the old one ide suggest first trying the thicker version.

The hot racing is same (or even weaker) than the old 5mm plate.

If you want real stronger, them M2C.

Agreed with all of the above. I actually bent an HR plate in less than one battery with a small cartwheel. I would look at solutions to support the end. In the link to thingiverse, I asked that creator to design the one with the tab as that will prevent and side-to-side defelction and depending on how much it covers over the top, may also prevent vertical movement up. Should be locked in at that point! That being said, I have yet to actually print and test that.

Another nice aftermarket motor mount option for the Arrma 3S line is KC-RC.

Made in Canada from 7075-T6:
https://en.kc-rc.com/product-page/support-moteur-3s-en-aluminium-7075-t6-remplace-ara311032

The quality of the KC-RC part is very nice (I have two) and it's much cheaper than the M2C alternative. The M2C part is likely to be stronger with the additional brace, but the KC-RC part should still be significantly stronger then stock. The KC-RC is basically the same thing as the stock part, but made from better quality aluminium.

Which stock? theres the old version which is 5mm thick, but lately they start shipping a new 6mm version which is stronger. If you have the old one ide suggest first trying the thicker version.

The hot racing is same (or even weaker) than the old 5mm plate.

If you want real stronger, them M2C.
Do you have a link on the newer 6 mm version?

I just installed the new Arrma motor mount last night...it's definitely beefier than the one included in the kit. Hopefully it provides better resistance to bending (honestly, my expectations are pretty low...the whole power module design is just not great for durability).

I have been jumping alot lately 50-60ft 25up withlarger cans 4068 2650kv and the new 6mm plate has held up fine i would reccomend. I still mostly use a M2C.

The M2C part is likely to be stronger with the additional brace,
Actually, I have the M2C motor mount plate. The M2C motor mount plate itself is great and stays straight without the brace. In my opinion, the brace adds nothing but drawbacks. It adds LOTS of weight and expense. But worst of all I think it creates a problem. By stiffening the middle of the chassis, the rear is forced to flex even more. I think it increases the chance of damage to the rear diff/input gear/slipper. I heard you can request just the motor mount plate without the chassis block. If possible, I recommend ditching the chassis block.

If the KC-RC works well, there's no need for an additional brace. Custom RC Upgrades also offers a 7075 motor mount for those in the UK/EU. So far. I've heard good things about the new 6mm Arrma motor plate, but I haven't tried it. The Hot Racing plate is not an upgrade, don't bother.

Actually, I have the M2C motor mount plate. The M2C motor mount plate itself is great and stays straight without the brace. In my opinion, the brace adds nothing but drawbacks. It adds LOTS of weight and expense. But worst of all I think it creates a problem. By stiffening the middle of the chassis, the rear is forced to flex even more. I think it increases the chance of damage to the rear diff/input gear/slipper. I heard you can request just the motor mount plate without the chassis block. If possible, I recommend ditching the chassis block.

If the KC-RC works well, there's no need for an additional brace. Custom RC Upgrades also offers a 7075 motor mount for those in the UK/EU. So far. I've heard good things about the new 6mm Arrma motor plate, but I haven't tried it. The Hot Racing plate is not an upgrade, don't bother.

Good feedback on the M2C part! Thanks!

Yes, at first I was mainly interested by the CRCU part, but I never ordered it. When KC-RC came up with a comparable part, I bought two right away! We'll see next summer how it holds up. I am quite confident it will be stronger then the stock part.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back