Upgrade my Granite 4x4 to brushless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoodsenna1983

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Senton 6s
Hi All,

I would like to upgrade to brushless in my Granite 4x4 as 2s lipo is killing the stock brushed motor's.
What would be a good branded option?. Would like to continue with the 2s as i have a few of them already.

Thanks in advanced

Answered my own question....... do NOT get goolrc i purchased one to try out in my Arrma granite 4x4, ran around 4 x 2s lipo charges through it and it quite literally set on fire.
I know these units are cheap and you get what you pay for, but i was curious.
I have now purchased a new set up from a local HS. Happy to answer any questions people may have.

Hi
Which goolrc did you buy and destroy?
I recently buy one 3900kv 4 poles 60A .esc and I made 1 run with 2s Lipo and it is great for the moment.
I have inverted 2 phases in order to have the right motor rotation.

IMG_20180202_161647.jpg

For the moment everything is fine, to be honnest the behavior of the truck is better since Brushless upgrade.
Concerning a 4s lipo, my esc is not able to work with, only 3s.... So no idea

I now run a hobbywing sct 10 4000kv. Things awsome however its a case of slowly replacing things as they break.
The gearbox input shaft mod Magasty came up with really works well as for the rest of the truck. Change servo and shocks

While mines not 4x4, I did pick up a 2wd in the scratch and dent section on Tower just over a year ago. I dropped a Tacon brushless motor and Hobbywing ESC in it within a month. Its been holding up great. Ill get the motor KV and ESC Amp rating when I get home. Its been awhile since I put it in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back