Granite upgrade or get something "better"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoldos

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
I'm having fun with the brushed Voltage. However, is it worth upgrading to brushless? And how difficult would that be? It looks like I'd need a new ESC and receiver. I can mount a new motor probably without issue.

Or should I save and get something better? I'm looking at a Redcat Blackout XBE Brushless with LiPO and charger for only $236. It got really good reviews on Amazon and looks sweet. I just can't see myself spending $500 on a Kraton or whatever since if I had THAT much $$ at once, I'd get my *real* car fixed. hehehe

Comments?

Yeah I was afraid of that. Keeping everything stock, what difference would a say, 2S 50C LiPO make?

I’ve been running these lipos in mine:

ZEEE 7.4V 30C 3300mAh 2S LiPo Battery T Plug for RC Air Vehicles Helicopters Airplanes https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CM22FK6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_WiQtBbM5RPQ87

Bigger ones don’t fit very well at all -to the point they seems jammed.

Electronics question though - does the LiPo battery strain the motor? I also really like these little Fazon voltages but worry about pushing them too much.

I had a fully charged battery and was going to Time a full run last night - but we had thunderstorms here. I think I am getting around 20 minutes but I also believe I don’t run these things as hard as most.

With the full 6 batteries you should get around 30 mins, if not more. In any case, I decided to get this: https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGFUJ&P=7 $76 a month for 3 months and it ships after the first payment. :)

Seems like a lot of bang for the buck. I don't know much about the Blackout trucks, but they seem like a good value. I just picked up a brand new Blackout SC brushed version for $125, plus $25 off. Redcat is running a sale on them right now. I figured I'll toss in a brushless system I have laying around straight away and have a sweet little 4wd basher for only a Benjamin, lol.

Zoldos, to answer your original question I'd leave the Voltage stock. I'm not sure Arrma ever intended it to be heavily upgraded and withstand the abuse and high speeds of the more expensive bashers on the market.

Zoldos, to answer your original question I'd leave the Voltage stock. I'm not sure Arrma ever intended it to be heavily upgraded and withstand the abuse and high speeds of the more expensive bashers on the market.
Agreed. That's why I decided on a brushless Redcat Blackout MT. Seems much tougher and hella faster straight out of the box! :D

Last edited:
Seems like a lot of bang for the buck. I don't know much about the Blackout trucks, but they seem like a good value. I just picked up a brand new Blackout SC brushed version for $125, plus $25 off. Redcat is running a sale on them right now. I figured I'll toss in a brushless system I have laying around straight away and have a sweet little 4wd basher for only a Benjamin, lol.
hehe Cool, right on! :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back