Granite Upgrade or Same? Mega rear CV shafts on 4x4 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AimlessRC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Recently popped a universal on my BLX 4x4 3S Granite... popped it back together for now, but looking to upgrade.

This part number for the Granite Mega says ot will work on the 3S... anyone tried it? Is it an actual upgrade?

Attachments

• 20190714_130713.jpg
    20190714_130713.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20190716-182842.png
    Screenshot_20190716-182842.png
    274.4 KB · Views: 70
Recently popped a universal on my BLX 4x4 3S Granite... popped it back together for now, but looking to upgrade.

This part number for the Granite Mega says ot will work on the 3S... anyone tried it? Is it an actual upgrade?
Those have been on Tower since last year sometime, I feel I will be old and grey before they actually come out.

I have not had my Granite too long but the popping u-joints are very annoying. I hate running with a loose slipper (I'm sorry I like to be able to wheelie) just to try and save driveshafts I would rather have a center diff but it is what it is. Hopefully when the steel ones come out they are not of Integy quality.

There’s plenty of wheelies to be had with a half turn out on the slipper. Heck, my Typhon wheelies at 45mph on 3/4 turn out running on GRP S2 Slicks. I’m sure my Granite will wheelie much more than the Typhon, when you factor in the SWB and MT tires.

There’s plenty of wheelies to be had with a half turn out on the slipper. Heck, my Typhon wheelies at 45mph on 3/4 turn out running on GRP S2 Slicks. I’m sure my Granite will wheelie much more than the Typhon, when you factor in the SWB and MT tires.

Half a turn out just a Mega slipper on 3s with a 3650 3100kv motor popped a U-joint. I run in grass so that doesn't help. Just put in a 3660 2600kv motor (have BLX drivetrain now) on 3s and popped another U-joint slipper set at least 3/4 turn from tight. I am not @bicketybam bashing either but I see now why he lost it in one of his videos.

What about the HR all metal ones? Seem pricey, but almost worth it for the durability, no?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190716-205940.png
    Screenshot_20190716-205940.png
    270.1 KB · Views: 51
Yeah I popped four in a single day, but I’m running a BLX120 & 2400kv in my Typhon 3S.
What about the HR all metal ones? Seem pricey, but almost worth it for the durability, no?
Junk. Don’t fit.

Crap. Seriously? How not? Too long?

I almost popped on these, glad I checked back!

Yeah I bought a set even after being told not to waste my time and they didn’t fit so I sent them back. Waste of time. I have the Arrma ones on preorder just like everyone else.

Almost every single vehicle that I have looked at the Hot Racing driveshafts for the vast majority of them are not good. Many many threads about how they fail, fall apart or break rather easily.

So Ive done a LOT of reading the past couple of days. Many of the complaints on the Hot Racing shafts are based around the skinny, non-telescopic CV shafts. These units use a single pin to connect the inboard end to a cup, and this single pin will fail. These typically cost $40-50.

The ones I posted about are a splined shaft design, almost identical to the stock plastic, telescopic ones on the granite. No pins, and they are about 3x the diameter of the cheaper HR shafts. These ones cost $70. From what Ive read on this version, they are VERY strong!

I grabbed a set. The seller is about 5 mins from my house, so worse case scenario I can pay them a visit if sh*t hits the fan. I did contact them before buying and they guarantee a direct fit on the BLX 4x4 Granite on either front or rear, no mods required. So at least I have that in writing.

I'll post my experience!

So Ive done a LOT of reading the past couple of days. Many of the complaints on the Hot Racing shafts are based around the skinny, non-telescopic CV shafts. These units use a single pin to connect the inboard end to a cup, and this single pin will fail. These typically cost $40-50.

The ones I posted about are a splined shaft design, almost identical to the stock plastic, telescopic ones on the granite. No pins, and they are about 3x the diameter of the cheaper HR shafts. These ones cost $70. From what Ive read on this version, they are VERY strong!

I grabbed a set. The seller is about 5 mins from my house, so worse case scenario I can pay them a visit if sh*t hits the fan. I did contact them before buying and they guarantee a direct fit on the BLX 4x4 Granite on either front or rear, no mods required. So at least I have that in writing.

I'll post my experience!
You posted about the Arrma ones first and then the HR ones. Which ones did you buy? Did you find the Arrma ones in stock? Or did you find another third option?

You posted about the Arrma ones first and then the HR ones. Which ones did you buy? Did you find the Arrma ones in stock? Or did you find another third option?

The heavy duty splined HR ones were purchased... but I also found the Arrma ones in stock at Active Powersports! I figured a $10 difference in price I'd go with the local option.

The heavy duty splined HR ones were purchased... but I also found the Arrma ones in stock at Active Powersports! I figured a $10 difference in price I'd go with the local option.
And they were actually in stock, or just a website showing stock? I hate to beat a dead horse but they supposedly have not been released yet.

Never ever under any circumstances order from Active Power sports especially when they are the only ones who show as item as "in stock" . They are a drop shipper and do not stock anything they sell. You will get an email saying that they are on backorder. And good luck trying to get your money back from them. How these crooks are still allowed to be in business is beyond me their BBB rating is a D-.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/escondido...ido-powersports-inc-1126-171985364/complaints

https://www.google.com/search?q=act...do%20Powersports,ru_q:Escondido%20Powersports

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/10958983-post7.html

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back