Kraton Upgrade shocks Kraton box 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For what it is worth the stock shocks are actually really great shocks, you just have to set them up properly.

That being said if you want and upgrade you are going to have to spend some cash.
You will also need a 4mm drill bit to drill out your shock towers.

And you will reused your stock shock springs do not use the springs included with the Tekno shocks.

Do you have a set up guide you would recommend for properly setting up the stock shocks? Thanks!

What are they doing or not doing that you would like to change?

It really depends on what you want to do. Huge sends? Normal bashing? Speed runs? Each will require a different setup.

For huge sends you will want to go thicker on the oil and increase your preload.

Normal bashing the stock setup is the best it is going to get do to the fact that the Kraton is not a great handling truggy as it wasn't built for handling it was built for bashing. The slop in the front suspension makes it impossible to dial in the camber and toe settings and this has a large impact on handling. If you want something that has good handling you will have to look into one of the race kits.

For speed runs you would have to talk to one of the onroad guys as my rcs rarely ever see pavement.

I run the shocks the way they came out of the box on my Kraton EXB and my Outcast 6s only issue I have had is a few broken rod ends and I managed to damage the lower cartridge inserts on the Outcast.

Last edited:
My hobby store sucks here so I have found the shock parts which I am ordering but I wanted to order a set of shocks for back up but I cannot find the part number in the diagram… I like the shocks, we best the poop out of this Kraton and it has held up.
Heavy weight shock oil, springs tightened up runs and takes a beating.

What are they doing or not doing that you would like to change?

It really depends on what you want to do. Huge sends? Normal bashing? Speed runs? Each will require a different setup.

For huge sends you will want to go thicker on the oil and increase your preload.

Normal bashing the stock setup is the best it is going to get do to the fact that the Kraton is not a great handling truggy as it wasn't built for handling it was built for bashing. The slop in the front suspension makes it impossible to dial in the camber and toe settings and this has a large impact on handling. If you want something that has good handling you will have to look into one of the race kits.

For speed runs you would have to talk to one of the onroad guys as my rcs rarely ever see pavement.

I run the shocks the way they came out of the box on my Kraton EXB and my Outcast 6s only issue I have had is a few broken rod ends and I managed to damage the lower cartridge inserts on the Outcast.
Nothing yet :p I bought a Kraton 6s when they were on sale from Amazon around Christmas time. I'm waiting for the track to dry up around here before I go out. I'm getting the itch so I am reading the forum and gonna stock up on parts lol

Thank you very much!
Hey I really appreciate the help. Ordered a set of both!

Next question is do you guys buy you hardware? Screws and nuts? Local hardware store has a pretty good selection but not everything. Do you get the boxes of hardware or just get individual, second time I’ve broken the screw on the top mount for the front shocks…

Last edited:
Thank you very much!

Next question is do you guys buy you hardware? Screws and nuts? Local hardware store has a pretty good selection but not everything. Do you get the boxes of hardware or just get individual, second time I’ve broken the screw on the top mount for the front shocks…
I order all my screws in bulk from Monster Bolts on eBay. I always try to get at least 50 of each screw(unless it's some odd large size like M3x40 then i just get a dozen or so) and keep them in an organizer.

Looking for a good shock upgrade for my Kraton 6s any thoughts. Thanks in advance
i went with gpm shocks listed on amazon, come from china, but they are quite a bit stiffer than oe. my trucks almost 16 pounds w lipos and it made a huge difference.

Screenshot_20220323-192010_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20220323-192032_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Thank you very much!

Get a set of screws from Jenny’s RC. You know you will get most everything you need because they come from an actual Kraton. Screws like the long ones on the wing mount can get broken regularly, so order some from Arrma, using the exploded views as a reference for the part numbers. The exploded views can be downloaded from the Arrma web site, and they are a great reference.

https://rcawd.com/collections/arrma...-arrma-kraton-notorious-outcast-typhon-6s-blx

https://rcawd.com/collections/arrma...ers-for-arrma-kraton-notorious-outcast-6s-blx

You can give these a try. I bought the ones for a Talion and they seem to be good quality and almost direct replicas of stock. They even come with aluminum hardware instead of composite. Haven't run them yet due to the weather but they're probably better than what you'd find on Ebay or the GPMs (I've heard both are leakers)
they look cool but they don't have the thicker coil springs as the gpm though...so not as stiff. ive only had the gpm shocks on for a few months, but so far no leaks, time will tell.

I've never had much luck with the cheap socks. So I try to stay away from them. And I stay far far away from the RCAWD stuff as everything I got from them was at best fit for a shelf queen.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back