Typhon Upgrade time! Motor and esc help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loon_tune

Learn better, do better.
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Typhon 6s
Hi guys, need some advice before I drop a few hundred bucks. Right now I've got a Notorious and a typhon. Awhile back I burned up the blx in my notorious so I replaced it with a mamba monster x and a 1515 (2200kv) motor. It ran great though the castle people told me the ripple was approaching the high point. I then broke stuff and decided to try the system in the typhon and it's amazing. Now my question is this, I've got this castle system and the money and inclination to buy a new motor esc combo. Should I just get another like I've got? Should I put the castle in the typhon and something with a lower kv in the notorious? My instinct is that the 2200kv area is kind of a sweet spot for both vehicles but I wanted the opinions of some of you good people.

Thanks in advance!

If the 2200kv screams in typhon keep it in there,I'd stay cc on esc since your familiar with castle,tp4050 1700-2100kv.

I decided to do like you said, keep the 1515 in the typhon and went with a bigger setup for notorious. I went with the mamba monster x 8s and the 1717 1650kv motor. Figured it would give me ass tons of low end and I could gear the speed I want with plenty of overhead left. Thought?

I decided to do like you said, keep the 1515 in the typhon and went with a bigger setup for notorious. I went with the mamba monster x 8s and the 1717 1650kv motor. Figured it would give me ass tons of low end and I could gear the speed I want with plenty of overhead left. Thought?
Thats perfect,whats the can size on 1717?imo 1650kv is perfect for notorious. Should have more than stock power on 6s an run cool in summer with tall gearing,then throu 8s at it when you feel like getting crazy.you will probably need some differential mods,drop tire size,or install exb diffs if you plan on running 8s.my notorious taught me ALOT ABOAT REBUILDING DIFFS.LOL NOW,NOT THEN😡🤬

Thats perfect,whats the can size on 1717?imo 1650kv is perfect for notorious. Should have more than stock power on 6s an run cool in summer with tall gearing,then throu 8s at it when you feel like getting crazy.you will probably need some differential mods,drop tire size,or install exb diffs if you plan on running 8s.my notorious taught me ALOT ABOAT REBUILDING DIFFS.LOL NOW,NOT THEN😡🤬
46 mm according to Google. And yeah, tell me about it. I've been chasing a gremlin in the diffs of this thing for awhile. But in light of all those issues and buying the bigger system, I've got exb diffs on the way.

I liked the max6/hobbystar 4092 1480kv setup in my notorious. I actually run that or a 1730 in all my rigs but the mojave i just finished. It has the hw 1650 in it. I geared all of mine 24/46 so it def has stupid power with the lower kv.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back