Upgrade Typhon ESC and motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsfeni

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
New Typhon. I already had a nice HITEC servo and Futaba receiver/controller. So I was planning to sell off the stock parts. I know the stock motor and ESC are very capable but I know how I am and will want to upgrade at some point.

So thinking of selling the ESC and motor as well and replace them now instead of later. I know the Castle MMX with 2200KV and Hobbywing MAX8 with 2200KV are both highly recommended.

I plan to run mostly 4S with occasional 6S. No racing, just bashing around. My question is how much difference will I see from the stock setup and are there any pros/cons to either combo?

Or is there something else I should be looking at?

Thanks for any suggestions.

J

New Typhon. I already had a nice HITEC servo and Futaba receiver/controller. So I was planning to sell off the stock parts. I know the stock motor and ESC are very capable but I know how I am and will want to upgrade at some point.

So thinking of selling the ESC and motor as well and replace them now instead of later. I know the Castle MMX with 2200KV and Hobbywing MAX8 with 2200KV are both highly recommended.

I plan to run mostly 4S with occasional 6S. No racing, just bashing around. My question is how much difference will I see from the stock setup and are there any pros/cons to either combo?

Or is there something else I should be looking at?

Thanks for any suggestions.

J
I believe that the stock Arrma ESC is a rebadged Hobbywing EzRun MAX8 and the stock Arrma motor is a rebadged Hobbywing EzRun 4274 2200kv. So I would imagine that you wouldn't gain any performance but you would gain tuning options as the stock ESC doesn't have as many of the settings that you can change.

Stock arrma motor is 2050kv hobby wing is 2200kv so you'd probably notice a difference,I've gone with Max 8 esc and tppower 4050 1950kv motor,just waiting for motor to arrive

Stock arrma motor is 2050kv hobby wing is 2200kv so you'd probably notice a difference,I've gone with Max 8 esc and tppower 4050 1950kv motor,just waiting for motor to arrive
You're right. For some reason I was thinking that the stock Arrma motor was 2200kv.

Thanks, yeah I already knew it was 2050kv and the ESC was a re-branded Hobbywing.

I ended up getting a Castle MMX with 2200kv sensored combo. So now I have all unused stock electronics for sale. ESC, motor, servo, receiver, and transmitter.

Just need to find time to put it all together.

Thanks, yeah I already knew it was 2050kv and the ESC was a re-branded Hobbywing.

I ended up getting a Castle MMX with 2200kv sensored combo. So now I have all unused stock electronics for sale. ESC, motor, servo, receiver, and transmitter.

Just need to find time to put it all together.
If only there was more hours in the day...I've gt all my parts for my upgrade..hobbywing Max8 that needs xt90 connectors, cap pack,tppower 4050 1950kv motor needs 6.5 bullet connectors on.. last time I soldered was 18yrs ago lol

I am currently wanting to upgrade my motor and my ESC in my 3s Typhon and i LOOKING yo gain some faster speed times without blowing my ESC! So far I have done some upgrades to reduce the slop and have installed a 20t pinion and she flys like a rocket but I was wondering what would be the best upgraded motor and the ESC with out going over the top? I have heard good things about the Hobbywing EZRun MAX10 SCT Sensorless Brushless ESC/3660SL Motor Combo (4000kV)!! What are your thoughts and opinions #ARRMAFAMILY. What all would i get out of that kit if I was to proceed with it and install it in my 3s Typhon?

1588248339711.png

Attachments

• 3s Typhon All beef up! .jpeg
    3s Typhon All beef up! .jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back