Typhon Upgraded Arms for Typhon 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dadpool

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hello all. New to the forum and pretty new to rc's in general so bear with me. I have run into some issues with the durability of the stock arms on my Typhon 3s. I have seen many videos out there and have done some mods to 6s ARMs and various other tweaks to piece something together while waiting for Arrma to offer replacements. I saw a video where Senton arms were used in conjunction with hex extenders to create a fix. While looking around I saw GPM has aluminum arms for the Granite. These might be more durable? Anyone given this a shot yet or know if this will work? My son and I are definitely having a blast and overall I will say the Typhon is taking a beating. But we are learning, taking some hard hits, and these arms seem to be the part that ALWAYS fail first. We have spent a lot of time waiting on parts to be delivered because my local shop does not carry what we need. Would love to toughen this thing up a bit so I did not cringe every time my son asks me to bash. Thanks to anyone who has any suggestions!

Generally you don't want aluminum a-arms for a few reasons. First of all, they can bend and are way more expensive to replace and second, they create a new weak point near the chassis which again can be way more costly and more of a pain to replace. You want the a-arms to be the weak point as they are cheap and easy to replace (once the parts are readily available that is.)

That certainly makes sense. Better to sacrifice the arm than something more vital. Guess I will continue to scrounge what I can until Arrma makes these available. Its such a ridiculously fun little car. Just a shame we don't have the parts we need so we can run it more! Thanks for the reply!

That certainly makes sense. Better to sacrifice the arm than something more vital. Guess I will continue to scrounge what I can until Arrma makes these available. Its such a ridiculously fun little car. Just a shame we don't have the parts we need so we can run it more! Thanks for the reply!
They're available on Jenny's RC and Ebay as of this writing! They come as a set of 4. I just ordered a set to keep on hand.

Well, so much for the 2nd Amendment. My right to bear a-arms has been rescinded. Jenny's cancelled my order and apologized they made a mistake. The available a-arms are for the 6s typhon, not 3s. The wait continues.

As the adage goes, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is".

I've been checking ebay multiple times a day and either miss them or there are none.

I've been checking ebay multiple times a day and either miss them or there are none.
The Ebay seller was actually JRC which mistakenly posted availability of the 3S instead of 6S Typhon a-arms.

Hey guys ! So I bash pretty hard and I've already broken both front and rear shocks. I used senton arms as a fix until the stock parts are available. However, I cant find the correct 17 mm hex extenders. The axle seems to be tiny compared to what is offered out there. It is around 5mm. I bought a set but the were way to big at 8mm. I noticed this thread and it is spot on with my needs so Anyone got a good part number or some suggestions ? Thanks ! Happy bashing !

Hey guys ! So I bash pretty hard and I've already broken both front and rear shocks. I used senton arms as a fix until the stock parts are available. However, I cant find the correct 17 mm hex extenders. The axle seems to be tiny compared to what is offered out there. It is around 5mm. I bought a set but the were way to big at 8mm. I noticed this thread and it is spot on with my needs so Anyone got a good part number or some suggestions ? Thanks ! Happy bashing !
The axles are 6mm. https://www.redcat.toys/12mm-to-17mm-Wheel-Hex-Upgrade-BS17MM-Kit-RCR-10-p/RCR-1005.htm These will fit & work well as extentions. However, the hexes have 2mm pin holes. You can use the 2mm pins that come with the set or drill the holes out with a 2.3mm bit to fit the stock Typhon pins.

The adapter that works is a Redcat part. #BS936-003. U have to drill out the adapter to accept the Arrma hex pin.

Hello all. New to the forum and pretty new to rc's in general so bear with me. I have run into some issues with the durability of the stock arms on my Typhon 3s. I have seen many videos out there and have done some mods to 6s ARMs and various other tweaks to piece something together while waiting for Arrma to offer replacements. I saw a video where Senton arms were used in conjunction with hex extenders to create a fix. While looking around I saw GPM has aluminum arms for the Granite. These might be more durable? Anyone given this a shot yet or know if this will work? My son and I are definitely having a blast and overall I will say the Typhon is taking a beating. But we are learning, taking some hard hits, and these arms seem to be the part that ALWAYS fail first. We have spent a lot of time waiting on parts to be delivered because my local shop does not carry what we need. Would love to toughen this thing up a bit so I did not cringe every time my son asks me to bash. Thanks to anyone who has any suggestions!
The same thing happend to my 3s typhon. What -A arms did you use for the front?

I sent an email inquiry to RPM inquiring about plans to produce a-arms for the new Arrma 3S rigs. They replied a-arms are in the works but no release date provided.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back