Kraton Upgraded kraton motor for 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jabril77

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Is there a motor you would recommend that is Equal or better than the new castle 2200kv motor for a kraton on 6s ?

Wow i has no idea. I just kept hearing about Castle 2200kv which one would you pick

Wow i has no idea. I just kept hearing about Castle 2200kv which one would you pick
That isn't even all of them.
Probably the one of the 4274 can motors or the Tenshock.

Hello Slick2500,

What is your opinion on the Hobbystar ESC's are they as good as their motors?

Thanks
The Hobbystar escs appear to be rebranded Hobbywings, they might not be of the same quality as a real Hobbywing and are probably limited somehow compared to its Hobbywing counterpart. I'm not saying that they are bad, but I think they are fairly new to the market so there is not much information about them yet.

Ive always heard great things about the HW 1730.. That is what im gonna put in my Notorious so it can keep up with the Talion off the ramp... lol

The Hobbystar escs appear to be rebranded Hobbywings, they might not be of the same quality as a real Hobbywing and are probably limited somehow compared to its Hobbywing counterpart. I'm not saying that they are bad, but I think they are fairly new to the market so there is not much information about them yet.
It seems they do sensored esc's at a reasonable price?

It seems they do sensored esc's at a reasonable price?
Yeah, but for bashing you barely notice any difference between sensored and sensorless.

First off, those motors up there aren’t “equal” to a neu castle 1515 2200kv at all. Not even close. Let me get this out of the way, you cannot buy neu castle motors anymore. The only ones available are on ebay and they’re China knockoffs.

Neu Motors use extremely high quality magnets and a hobbywing or any of those other motors of the same size won’t match the quality. They will run hotter and not deliver the same performance at all. If you want a Neu Motor, you’ll have to head to poseidon RC, that’s where Steven Neu is at now.

Not saying the other motors are bad, but they’re definitely not even close to any neu’s and I have had many of those motors. If your stock motor is running hot, you’ll have to get something bigger, I recommend a hobbystar 4082 or a hobbystar 4092, or the larger motors slick recommended.

Edit: As for the other 4274 motors, don’t even consider them. They’re too small for an 8th scale MT. The only 4274 motors you could put into an 8th scale MT geared for 50mph and not run hot are Neu Motors, but theyre expensive, so just buy a bigger motor that’s just cheaper.

First off, those motors up there aren’t “equal” to a neu castle 1515 2200kv at all. Not even close. Let me get this out of the way, you cannot buy neu castle motors anymore. The only ones available are on ebay and they’re China knockoffs.

Neu Motors use extremely high quality magnets and a hobbywing or any of those other motors won’t match the quality. They will run hotter and not deliver the same performance at all. If you want a Neu Motor, you’ll have to head to poseidon RC, that’s where Steven Neu is at now.

Not saying the other motors are bad, but they’re definitely not even close to any neu’s and I have had many of those motors. If your stock motor is running hot, you’ll have to get something bigger, I recommend a hobbystar 4082 or a hobbystar 4092.
I am pretty sure he meant what he typed new, as in the most recent Castle 2200kv motor not the Neu.

Oh. I thought he meant neu and didn’t know it was spelled that way (mostly because every time I’ve heard the word “new” in front of a castle motor it was referring to neu) Lol.. mistake taken.

Oh. I thought he meant neu and didn’t know it was spelled that way (mostly because every time I’ve heard the word “new” in front of a castle motor it was referring to neu. Lol..
But Poseidon makes some nice motors.

Yeah, I’d buy one if they weren’t so expensive. Hey, Neu Motors are great and all, but hobbystar pulls along no worse than any other normal brushless motor, so I’ll just buy a longcan for my e revo instead of some expensive neu Poseidon

Oh and if he’s referring to the “new” castle motors that were created in (2015 or 2016?) than realize they’re all sensored, so super high tech and all... much more advanced than a normal sensorless motor of the same size.

Edit: actually I discussed this on the Traxxas forums, the only way to get a non counterfeit castle sensorless 1515 sized motor (past 2015 or 2016) is to get the 1515B motor out of a Sidewinder 8th combo for $149. Anything else that’s sensorless is definitely a counterfeit and not worth buying.

Can someone explain, does a sensored motor and esc control temps, as in checks the motor temp? I just had a weird episode the other day that I think was a bad connection causing heat, but it got so hot that all the solder joints on my xt90 connections melted and came off? I've replaced all xt90s and soldered them myself this time, so I'll see what happens, but I was worried because the battery connection started to melt and loosen off, I would hate for it to short out. Thank you, I'm running stock esc and motor.

Neu Motors use extremely high quality magnets and a hobbywing or any of those other motors of the same size won’t match the quality. They will run hotter and not deliver the same performance at all. If you want a Neu Motor, you’ll have to head to poseidon RC, that’s where Steven Neu is at now.

Not saying the other motors are bad, but they’re definitely not even close to any neu’s and I have had many of those motors. If your stock motor is running hot, you’ll have to get something bigger, I recommend a hobbystar 4082 or a hobbystar 4092, or the larger motors slick recommended.

Edit: As for the other 4274 motors, don’t even consider them. They’re too small for an 8th scale MT. The only 4274 motors you could put into an 8th scale MT geared for 50mph and not run hot are Neu Motors, but theyre expensive, so just buy a bigger motor that’s just cheaper.
Hi mate, are saying that there are no motors that are the same size as stock that won't run hot with a slightly heavy rig? So a new engine mount arrangement would be required?

Hi mate, are saying that there are no motors that are the same size as stock that won't run hot with a slightly heavy rig? So a new engine mount arrangement would be required?
That is exactly what I’m saying, but the second part is not correct. You can use longcan motors as long as they’re 40/42mm wide on the stock motor mount. I recommend the hobbystar 4092 motor but many like the leopard 4092.

The stock motor is a 4274 (its a 4074 with 2mm heat sink fins) and any other 4074 or 4274 won’t run cooler unless you make the truck go slower, so instead of buying a 74mm long motor, you can buy a 92mm long motor as mentioned above, and that’ll take out all the heat issues :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back