Kraton Upgraded kraton motor for 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone explain, does a sensored motor and esc control temps, as in checks the motor temp? I just had a weird episode the other day that I think was a bad connection causing heat, but it got so hot that all the solder joints on my xt90 connections melted and came off? I've replaced all xt90s and soldered them myself this time, so I'll see what happens, but I was worried because the battery connection started to melt and loosen off, I would hate for it to short out. Thank you, I'm running stock esc and motor.
A sensored motor requires a sensored esc. Basically, what a sensored motor and esc do is make the truck have smooth starts. Not sure if you have tried yet, but try to make your truck to suuuuper slow. It just doesn’t happen, and when you try it sputters/jiggles, that’s because it’s sensorless. Sensored motors don’t do that, they can go suuuper super slow and they don’t sputter at all.

A telemetry sensor is what you’re referring to. That’s not a sensored motor. It just shows the motor heat and stuff. It’s unnecessary, just buy a temperature gun.

That is exactly what I’m saying, but the second part is not correct. You can use longcan motors as long as they’re 40/42mm wide on the stock motor mount. I recommend the hobbystar 4092 motor but many like the leopard 4092.

The stock motor is a 4274 (its a 4074 with 2mm heat sink fins) and any other 4074 or 4274 won’t run cooler unless you make the truck go slower, so instead of buying a 74mm long motor, you can buy a 92mm long motor as mentioned above, and that’ll take out all the heat issues :)
And I guess with the Kraton there is clearance at the back? Thank you for your knowledge and assistance.

A sensored motor requires a sensored esc. Basically, what a sensored motor and esc do is make the truck have smooth starts. Not sure if you have tried yet, but try to make your truck to suuuuper slow. It just doesn’t happen, and when you try it sputters/jiggles, that’s because it’s sensorless. Sensored motors don’t do that, they can go suuuper super slow and they don’t sputter at all.

A telemetry sensor is what you’re referring to. That’s not a sensored motor. It just shows the motor heat and stuff. It’s unnecessary, just buy a temperature gun.

Ok that's good to know, for some reason I had it in my mind it was monitoring the system as it ran, I'm happy with my stock motor for now, but it is getting old and I'm expecting it to die one day. I've just rebuilt it with new bearings the other day and it seems good for now at least. I mostly run nitro so I've got the temp gun already.

Cheers for the education!

And I guess with the Kraton there is clearance at the back? Thank you for your knowledge and assistance.
You can fit the 4092 in an Outcast(by notching out the a arm 1-2mm) so yes it will fit in the Kraton.

Ok that's good to know, for some reason I had it in my mind it was monitoring the system as it ran, I'm happy with my stock motor for now, but it is getting old and I'm expecting it to die one day. I've just rebuilt it with new bearings the other day and it seems good for now at least. I mostly run nitro so I've got the temp gun already.

Cheers for the education!
Just for further clarification, you can run a sensored motor on a non-sensored esc, you just won't be able to use the sensored part of it. Pretty sure the same is true for a sensored esc. It will run a sensored or non-sensored motor. Obviously though, with a non-sensored motor, you wont be able to use that feature from the esc.

I have castle sensored and non-sensored 3800kv motors. Both came with the castle sct sv3 esc which is non-sensored. I currently have the sensored 3800kv motor in my converted ejato running off a traxxas vxl-3 esc which isn't sensored.

I did notice that some of the hobbywing esc's/motors have a temp specific plug on them so that the ESC can monitor the motor temp and help avoid overheating the motor as well. I was looking at the smaller systems for my 1/10th vehicles. I would assume that they have similar features on the larger 1/8th/5th/6th systems as well. Just have to read up on it a bit.

That is exactly what I’m saying, but the second part is not correct. You can use longcan motors as long as they’re 40/42mm wide on the stock motor mount. I recommend the hobbystar 4092 motor but many like the leopard 4092.

The stock motor is a 4274 (its a 4074 with 2mm heat sink fins) and any other 4074 or 4274 won’t run cooler unless you make the truck go slower, so instead of buying a 74mm long motor, you can buy a 92mm long motor as mentioned above, and that’ll take out all the heat issues :)
Okay so what motor do you suggest that would really make the Kraton go fast being then new castle are replicas?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back