Kraton Upgraded lower suspension A arms for Kraton 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bashas

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
In the first 2 weeks of Kraton 4S ownership, I have managed to break 3 front & 1 tear lower
suspension arms (not mention a drive shaft).

After being told that lower A-arm replacement parts would be sent mid-June (the same plastic parts that broken 4x’s already at the same spot), I bit the bullet and ordered more expensive machined aluminum suspension arms on eBay. Well worth it. Much more hefty than the crap hard plastic parts that broke every other run.

I’m back up and bashing.

Attachments

• 472D1AFE-9D3A-43E4-805F-99D17D2E863A.jpeg
    472D1AFE-9D3A-43E4-805F-99D17D2E863A.jpeg
    359 KB · Views: 354
  • 0DD4BFCE-4BBA-4A2A-AC87-227584FB6C65.jpeg
    0DD4BFCE-4BBA-4A2A-AC87-227584FB6C65.jpeg
    376.9 KB · Views: 133
It looks good.

I’m not a fan of it though. I’d rather break a arm than something deeper.

I appreciate the thoughts, but it's obvious there is a design flaw in the lower A Arms. The A Arms have been on back order since June 1, I would rather take my chances with aluminum than molded plastic. Just my thoughts. Of course everyone else is free to do as they see fit for their needs.

Breaking is one thing, no having the parts to replace then A arm that's currentlynot available.

That's a major problem on the 4s, I've broken 2 myself on both 4s. Lack of parts is disappointing. I guess aluminum is better than sitting on the shelf.

Hopefully RPM will make some arms soon for the 4s?!
In the first 2 weeks of Kraton 4S ownership, I have managed to break 3 front & 1 tear lower
suspension arms (not mention a drive shaft).

After being told that lower A-arm replacement parts would be sent mid-June (the same plastic parts that broken 4x’s already at the same spot), I bit the bullet and ordered more expensive machined aluminum suspension arms on eBay. Well worth it. Much more hefty than the crap hard plastic parts that broke every other run.

I’m back up and bashing.

Thanks for sharing!
What company / brand makes those arms??

are those the $76 pair that Ebay has been trying to convince me to buy? The way these plastic arms keep falling apart, I'm really tempted.

are those the $76 pair that Ebay has been trying to convince me to buy? The way these plastic arms keep falling apart, I'm really tempted.
Yes, A set of 4 (2 front, 2 rear) A Arms ,machined aluminum A-Arms for $76.

I was fed up with braking the plastic arms every run or so. $400 to sit on the shelf and wait for more plastic parts that will break or $76 for sturdy aluminum parts.

It was an easy decision for me.
Hopefully RPM will make some arms soon for the 4s?!

Thanks for sharing!
What company / brand makes those arms??
Vitavon, CNC aluminum arms.

I wouldn't hold my breath for RPM to start making arms, if ever, in the near future!

Do you have a link for these? I haven’t been able to find them on ebay

I wouldn't hold my breath for RPM to start making arms, if ever, in the near future!
You have no idea how much it took to beg them into making arms for the 4x4s. They finally emailed me that they would start pumping out arms for the entire 4x4 series. But that was b4 the 4s cars. Now since 3 cars will use Typhon 6s arms, maybe I can wiggle them in that direction too. A full set of Typhon arms cost double the Kraton arms from the breakers. That's nuts. I don't break them too often, but I still have spares. There's still no way in hell I would use aluminum arms on an AIO chassis. That's just asking for trouble.

I have written to RPM about the arms for the 4S OutCast. They know about the issues with the arms. They're not committing to making the arms but here was their reply;
James Jun,

Unfortunately, nothing is in the works just yet for the 4S line from ARRMA. However, we are aware of the a-arm breakage issues they're encountering and we have a 4S model on it's way to us so we can look it over and determine whether or not we can help.

Hopefully they will...

If you're handy with the hand tools, you can make your own.
I bought a sheet of 10mm Nylon 6 sheet, and after some time with a bandsaw, a drill, and a belt sander, I had a rudimentary swingarm. It isn't pretty, but it works.
The material seems ideal, so I'm chatting with someone about producing a batch properly.

If you're handy with the hand tools, you can make your own.
I bought a sheet of 10mm Nylon 6 sheet, and after some time with a bandsaw, a drill, and a belt sander, I had a rudimentary swingarm. It isn't pretty, but it works.
The material seems ideal, so I'm chatting with someone about producing a batch properly.

This is exactly what I did back in the day with Tamiya & Kyosho when parts were a 3 month boat ride away.

Where are they all breaking? At the hinge pin?

Couldn't you just use 3S arms in the interim or will the tires hit the body then? I mean, it won't be as wide of course, but you do what you have to do.

How are the aluminum arms holding up? I just broke my stock rear one on a pretty tame cartwheel situation and can see that ordering the stock ones would be just throwing money away.

Yes, A set of 4 (2 front, 2 rear) A Arms ,machined aluminum A-Arms for $76.

I was fed up with braking the plastic arms every run or so. $400 to sit on the shelf and wait for more plastic parts that will break or $76 for sturdy aluminum parts.

It was an easy decision for me.

Vitavon, CNC aluminum arms.
How has the chassis held up using the aluminum arms? Anything else break?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back