Notorious upgraded Outcast/Notorious vs upgraded E-Revo 2.0 (durability and drivestyle)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Bean

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
1st:
Whats the difference in drivestyle between the Notorious and the E-Revo? Is the E-Revo somewhere between the Kraton and Notorious in terms of stability (wheelies, flips)?

2nd:
I made 2 parts lists, 1 per car, with parts that should make both cars extremely durable.

Notorious
$550 Notorious
$130 M2C chassis (maybe not needed)
$150 other upgraded parts (defenitely needed)
$35 Cheap upgraded radio
= $735 excluding M2C chassis, wich would bring it up to $865

E-Revo 2.0
$600 E-Revo 2.0
$10 Rear aluminum chassis brace
$5 Limiting straps
$50 'Tubes' (replace those notorious toe links)(idk if they work/are worth it)
= $665

865 - 665 = save $200 for the Traxxas. Am I missing something important?
I also posted this on the Traxxas forum. That post has more (background)info.
https://forums.traxxas.com/showthre...s-weaknesses-E-revo-2-0&p=6561939#post6561939

1st:
Whats the difference in drivestyle between the Notorious and the E-Revo? Is the E-Revo somewhere between the Kraton and Notorious in terms of stability (wheelies, flips)?

2nd:
I made 2 parts lists, 1 per car, with parts that should make both cars extremely durable.

Notorious
$550 Notorious
$130 M2C chassis (maybe not needed)
$150 other upgraded parts (defenitely needed)
$35 Cheap upgraded radio
= $735 excluding M2C chassis, wich would bring it up to $865

E-Revo 2.0
$600 E-Revo 2.0
$10 Rear aluminum chassis brace
$5 Limiting straps
$50 'Tubes' (replace those notorious toe links)(idk if they work/are worth it)
= $665

865 - 665 = save $200 for the Traxxas. Am I missing something important?
I also posted this on the Traxxas forum. That post has more (background)info.
https://forums.traxxas.com/showthre...s-weaknesses-E-revo-2-0&p=6561939#post6561939
Ease of maintenance. Arrma so much easier to work on than traxxas. Arrma lineup also compatible with each other as with traxxas your stuck with an e revo and e revo parts

Yeah, excluding the M2C chassis, the Notorious seems the obvious choice. How badly do you need it? Can you jump/flip without it without constantly bending the stock chassis? My jumps won't be extreme, but I'll probably be jumping reasonably high: 1.5-3 m (5-10 feet in freedom units), maybe even 4.5m (15 feet).
To visualize that: 2m = 1 normal door in your house, so 1-2 doors high

Ok, so just upgrade it when it breaks? If you look at it without counting the cost of the M2C chassis, the Notorious is the clear choice.

Tnx for the awnsers!

Agree with the Bean. Fix it when it breaks and before long parts wont break nearly as much.
On the other hand, buy the Arrma but wait for the parts to come.
The RC store I go to has more TRAXXAS parts then I know to shake a stick at. Upgrade parts included.

Traxxas will probably always be the parts-availebility giant. But if I try and drive like a sane person, I won't need to buy many parts anyway.

I don't think ARRMA parts will suddenly be unavailable for a long time anytime soon, so that shoulden't be an issue for me.
Tnx!

Traxxas will probably always be the parts-availebility giant. But if I try and drive like a sane person, I won't need to buy many parts anyway.

I don't think ARRMA parts will suddenly be unavailable for a long time anytime soon, so that shoulden't be an issue for me.
Tnx!
That’s just because people stop driving them and transfer over to arrma ??.

The ERevo 2.0 is loads of fun but is somewhat “fragile” compared to a 6s... If you have to get a Traxxas get a Maxx.... It’s MUCH more durable than the 2.0

The ERevo 2.0 is loads of fun but is somewhat “fragile” compared to a 6s... If you have to get a Traxxas get a Maxx.... It’s MUCH more durable than the 2.0
I agree with this 100%. I felt my revo’s broke much easier then the arrma 6s rigs. Then when they did break they were also harder to work on. I prefer my arrma stuff. I do own a maxx tho which is easier to work on and the only Traxxas rig I really like now. :)

I’m wanting something totally different than my slash, so ARRMA it is, than!

I have owned both and still own the Notorious currently. The Revo is not bad but definitely not as durable in my opinion. I am someone that likes to jump, jump and jump some more if that helps. Also, the notorious handles roughly the same as the Revo. It can corner and doesn’t roll over that easily if setup correctly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back