upgraded the servo in the Infraction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magnetik

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
Just got an Infraction after years out of the game and installing a Max5 in anticipation of upgrades.. I had a pretty fast servo left over from my nitro days and figure I'd test it out on the new esc to see how much difference it would make. I think it made a slight difference. lol The servo is a Futaba S9352HV.

Just got an Infraction after years out of the game and installing a Max5 in anticipation of upgrades.. I had a pretty fast servo left over from my nitro days and figure I'd test it out on the new esc to see how much difference it would make. I think it made a slight difference. lol The servo is a Futaba S9352HV.

Excellent servo, I have one in my rc8b3.1e ??
Also, although a great servo, a servo worthy of being a futaba flagship, it's a bit overkill in the limitless I believe. Right now mine is sitting idle waiting for the 2020 season, the speed really isn't necessarily in a speed run car, I would run the stock servo till you get her dialed for fear of losing that futaba in an accident.?‍♂️

wish I had a Limitless.. I'm actually thinking really hard about getting one tho so I don't have to drive alone. But yeah prob way overkill for the Infraction too.
Crap my bad, go for it then, totally appropriate, I read your post, then watched the vid, guess all that was left in my head was the chassis. I just know that speed run guys usually are looking for good static holding power, and will drop their D/R down to 20%. Sorry bout that, ?! The infraction is a different story. Also my Notorious is a V3 Arrma, so I still have the adjustable servo saver, but if you get another servo saver assembly from Horizon:

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR340065

You can use the saver lock ring from either an Associated rc8b3.1e, or a Mugen 1/8th scale locking ring, and it will fit an Arrma, trust me?, and crank that beeeotch up?! I run my saver about 5mm up. It took a lot of work, and trial & error to get the Arrmas to steer like I'm used to in a race buggy. I burnt up a Savox 2290sg Monster Torque flagship servo, because in a bashing session wrenching frenzy I had lost one of the M3 bolts that hold the rack to the post. Those are designed specifically to use a M3x8mm button head, with that 2mm flanged bushing (I think this is because of their use of brass bushings instead of bearings?‍♂️). Anyways I threw in a M3x10mm, and had wrenched down on (I also lost the bushing) my steering rack. My cheap Amazon special DS3225MG servo was fighting that for months, and as it turns out didn't burn up like the two Savoxs I burnt up (SW1211SG & SB2290SG ?) before finding the issue. Fortunately Savox's RMA service is top notch. I sent in 3 of them, got 3 brand new in the packaging in a week.

Anyways, long rant, just wanted to share a few lessons learned the hard & expensive way, just thought I'd give you a heads up. Sorry about dumping on your decision that's not the community here, we really do have a tight group, that is some of the most generous, and respectful Forum community I've been a part of. Bash on brother! ??

Crap my bad, go for it then, totally appropriate, I read your post, then watched the vid, guess all that was left in my head was the chassis. I just know that speed run guys usually are looking for good static holding power, and will drop their D/R down to 20%. Sorry bout that, ?! The infraction is a different story. Also my Notorious is a V3 Arrma, so I still have the adjustable servo saver, but if you get another servo saver assembly from Horizon:

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR340065

You can use the saver lock ring from either an Associated rc8b3.1e, or a Mugen 1/8th scale locking ring, and it will fit an Arrma, trust me?, and crank that beeeotch up?! I run my saver about 5mm up. It took a lot of work, and trial & error to get the Arrmas to steer like I'm used to in a race buggy. I burnt up a Savox 2290sg Monster Torque flagship servo, because in a bashing session wrenching frenzy I had lost one of the M3 bolts that hold the rack to the post. Those are designed specifically to use a M3x8mm button head, with that 2mm flanged bushing (I think this is because of their use of brass bushings instead of bearings?‍♂️). Anyways I threw in a M3x10mm, and had wrenched down on (I also lost the bushing) my steering rack. My cheap Amazon special DS3225MG servo was fighting that for months, and as it turns out didn't burn up like the two Savoxs I burnt up (SW1211SG & SB2290SG ?) before finding the issue. Fortunately Savox's RMA service is top notch. I sent in 3 of them, got 3 brand new in the packaging in a week.

Anyways, long rant, just wanted to share a few lessons learned the hard & expensive way, just thought I'd give you a heads up. Sorry about dumping on your decision that's not the community here, we really do have a tight group, that is some of the most generous, and respectful Forum community I've been a part of. Bash on brother! ??
hows the cheap amazon special servo holdin up im looking to upgrade my infractions servo

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back