Fireteam Upgrades coming...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Realism

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Took my Fireteam to the LHS to get tuned, shoe glue in tires to prevent excessive ballooning and to put loctite on all the chasis screws because I'm working and don't have time to do myself. He calls me back asking me if he can experiment with the truck...changing the spur and pinion gear to make it faster and give it more torque....Im like sure...🤣. This guy has been building these cars for over 15 years...He said it should be a BEAST when he's done. 😯
I'll keep you all posted on exactly what he does and how it performs...Im excited though...

Damn having someone else build the car. That's cool. There is a part in my RC building stage where I want to get everything over with. But there is also an enjoyment stage when I am unboxing and staring at everything lol. Can't wait! I see you got the white Fireteam. Thank you. You are a good person:ROFLMAO:. Let me know what gearing he runs.

I sure will...I wasn't even thinking about changing any parts because I liked how it already ran but after he called, I'm like why not? He's the expert right...lol

Took my Fireteam to the LHS to get tuned, shoe glue in tires to prevent excessive ballooning and to put loctite on all the chasis screws because I'm working and don't have time to do myself. He calls me back asking me if he can experiment with the truck...changing the spur and pinion gear to make it faster and give it more torque....Im like sure...🤣. This guy has been building these cars for over 15 years...He said it should be a BEAST when he's done. 😯
I'll keep you all posted on exactly what he does and how it performs...Im excited though...
You’re serious ?

Yep...figured why not have fun. It could always go back to factory.

I'll keep you in business...
I like driving them but don't have the time to work on them... I know, I know that's the fun part right?
I think i wrench 95% of the time and then move to the next project. I'm working on 3 mojave's, a udr, two short short wheelbase rigs, and a stretched talion right now. Haven't driven any of them in months. Not sure if it's the fun part but maybe it's my creative outlet and way to get away from all the crap going on.
I'll keep you in business...
I like driving them but don't have the time to work on them... I know, I know that's the fun part right?
I am helping Curt develop a shorty chassis, already did a stretched mojave rig I’m still playing with.

Attachments

• 60528ECD-953B-41EF-B36B-11C46E5EB1E4.jpeg
    60528ECD-953B-41EF-B36B-11C46E5EB1E4.jpeg
    250.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I think i wrench 95% of the time and then move to the next project. I'm working on 3 mojave's, a udr, two short short wheelbase rigs, and a stretched talion right now. Haven't driven any of them in months. Not sure if it's the fun part but maybe it's my creative outlet and way to get away from all the crap going on.

I am helping Curt develop a shorty chassis, already did a stretched mojave rig I’m still playing with.
Nice work man! I feel you...you gotta do something to keep you from listening to all the BS going on now days...lol
I am new to the RC world as of a few months ago...I'm sure I'll be wrenching at some point. In 2 months I've already purchased a Kraton 6s and now this Fireteam. Is this a sign of early addiction? 🤣 Hey...I did put a wheelie bar and a front bumper on my Kraton...lol I almost forgot about that. I wouldn't call that wrenching but it was fun and quick.

Nice work man! I feel you...you gotta do something to keep you from listening to all the BS going on now days...lol
I am new to the RC world as of a few months ago...I'm sure I'll be wrenching at some point. In 2 months I've already purchased a Kraton 6s and now this Fireteam. Is this a sign of early addiction? 🤣 Hey...I did put a wheelie bar and a front bumper on my Kraton...lol I almost forgot about that. I wouldn't call that wrenching but it was fun and quick.
Yeah I bought a busted notorious and a brand new typhon after selling 4 slashes. Had to learn quick on used busted rigs. I’m in the 30’s now and have built a majority of them. Forgot about the big and little infractions too 😂

Update...he put the Infraction spur gear and pinion in my Fireteam. That change brought that truck to life...OMG. way more aggressive and faster! I got a MONSTER on my hands...🤣

Update...he put the Infraction spur gear and pinion in my Fireteam. That change brought that truck to life...OMG. way more aggressive and faster! I got a MONSTER on my hands...🤣
I run all of mine 24/46 👍🏻

Very interested to learn of your experience with this (and other?) upgrades! Is the spur / pinion change worth it, does it require strengtening of other parts?
I’m excited to pick up my Fireteam tomorrow from my LHS and might add some upgrade parts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back