Typhon Upgrades for big air

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They come aluminum stock, I take it they bend! Is there a high aluminum mount for the chassis like the Krayton has? And will the stock tires hold up on big air?

Stock tires so far hold up. Aluminum stock are the towers etc. Voltage Hobbies is the best bet for upgrading for biggest jumps. Stronger exponentially than all the others. Built to improve stock. All my opinion. Others may have alternate solutions.

They come aluminum stock, I take it they bend! Is there a high aluminum mount for the chassis like the Krayton has? And will the stock tires hold up on big air?
Duperbash has run em on stock tires and they seem to hold up.
Here's one shot

Yea I went to buy voltage braces and wing mount but sold out. I went with hot racing for now, guess I'll c how the hold up. Most my other cars have HR and they do ok.

I'd get some RPM skidplates to help protect the chassis from damage, ...also consider changing damping fluid in your shocks to a heavier weight and maybe even consider changing the springs/adding limiters to stop it bottoming out.

Otherwise as @slick2500 said and just see how you get on. (y)

Hi @Rcjetjacks. One sure fire way to make any of the Arrma 6s rigs better, is a new chassis. M2C Racing are better than stock, and not quite as heavy as the Just Bash It Racing ones. A new chassis and some aluminum chassis braces, and your one step closer to sending it to the moon. Currently, they're out of stock, but I would pre-order if it's possible.
https://www.m2cracing.com/product.sc?productId=938&categoryId=123

Hi @Rcjetjacks. One sure fire way to make any of the Arrma 6s rigs better, is a new chassis. M2C Racing are better than stock, and not quite as heavy as the Just Bash It Racing ones. A new chassis and some aluminum chassis braces, and your one step closer to sending it to the moon. Currently, they're out of stock, but I would pre-order if it's possible.
https://www.m2cracing.com/product.sc?productId=938&categoryId=123
I've been tempted to buy one of these but my second chassis surprisingly has been on my Outcast since September 2017, if it can survive me beating the living crap out of it for that long I think it's good enough. The swb vehicles are less prone to the chassis bending as long as the chassis is properly braced. The Kraton seems to be the most prone to having a bent chassis from everything I have seen, especially in stock form. They all seem to bend in the same spot in the rear of the chassis where it gets narrow. The stock chassis should taper off less in the rear.

Well there will be multiple upgrades now. I took it out after work Fri to show off for some buddy's at work did a few donuts and brought it back to me hit brake and instead it went full throttle at my buddy he jumped out of the way and it meet a steel I beam. Guess who won, lol wtf! Not sure if it's ESC of this tactical piece of garbage. The Dx5c is ordered sucks they make the stock reciever not compatible with it. Any ways broke front right a arms drive axle and bent drive cup. So instead of 200$ in upgrades more like 500$ like buying another rig. RC are like boats bust out another thousand

Well there will be multiple upgrades now. I took it out after work Fri to show off for some buddy's at work did a few donuts and brought it back to me hit brake and instead it went full throttle at my buddy he jumped out of the way and it meet a steel I beam. Guess who won, lol wtf! Not sure if it's ESC of this tactical piece of garbage. The Dx5c is ordered sucks they make the stock reciever not compatible with it. Any ways broke front right a arms drive axle and bent drive cup. So instead of 200$ in upgrades more like 500$ like buying another rig. RC are like boats bust out another thousand
The Spektrum STX2 is a joke, you can get receivers for the DX5C off ebay for $20, I have 2 of them that I run in my vehicles. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/372624249142

Buy what you need off jennysrc.com or lumidave35 on ebay. It costs less and you get more stuff that way. I think Arrma wants like $20 for just 1 cvd shaft while Jenny's has the entire set of axles for like $35.

Get Rpm a arms for the front they are a nice upgrade.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back