Kraton Upgrades for kraton 6s (please read description)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaro's rc yt

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton 4s
Hey, Just bought a Kraton, and i have already bought some parts like , m2c chassis, metal braces, rpm skid plates, upgrade servo,

Besides these upgrades that ive heard need work, are there any other upgrades that are important to make the truck stronger, besides the rpm arms, i will invest in that soon... I am trying to build a durable truck but i don't want to go all out, not ALL the parts super premium...
Thnks for the help on the forum

Servo mount, rubber sealed bearings, and radio would fill out that essentials list.

Plan on shock towers, shock stand offs, wing mount, and pillow ball retaining nuts in the future.

Well that will get you to tank status lol..... to be honest other then chassis and braces. If you have little experience. I would change parts as you break or bend them because you will lol. No offense we all do... but no point in breaking a $50 part your first time out when you can break a stock part and learn from mistakes

Well that will get you to tank status lol..... to be honest other then chassis and braces. If you have little experience. I would change parts as you break or bend them because you will lol. No offense we all do... but no point in breaking a $50 part your first time out when you can break a stock part and learn from mistakes
Yes i know.. But if i bend the chassis, it will go along with many other parts, and i want to upgrade the parts before one breaks and then breaks em all... I was thinking if the chassis bent, than the driveshafts and maybe even other parts may break or bend... so id rather upgrade now rather than break, buy than upgrade, but thats what i usually do, but because this isnt new, the feedback has already been received on what breaks and what doesn't... Ive had some new cars... but i was lucky because they were special ones that were especially durable
You are going to love the kraton... how much rc experience do you have?
I have a trx4, used to have an scx10ii, i have a kraton 4s, and a traxxas maxx, AND a slash 4x4

Yes i know.. But if i bend the chassis, it will go along with many other parts, and i want to upgrade the parts before one breaks and then breaks em all... I was thinking if the chassis bent, than the driveshafts and maybe even other parts may break or bend... so id rather upgrade now rather than break, buy than upgrade, but thats what i usually do, but because this isnt new, the feedback has already been received on what breaks and what doesn't... Ive had some new cars... but i was lucky because they were special ones that were especially durable

I have a trx4, used to have an scx10ii, i have a kraton 4s, and a traxxas maxx, AND a slash 4x4
Congrats on the Kraton.... Awesome rig! You can click on my profile build thread contribute button and check my Kraton build for idea's if you'd like ??

Yeah I agree that's why I said only change the chassis and braces for now. That is what will hold the rig together. If you crash and take out a shock tower you are taking it out no matter who makes it... it's nice you have experience it does help.. but this is going to be a whole new animal lol. Good luck and have fun

Hey, Just bought a Kraton, and i have already bought some parts like , m2c chassis, metal braces, rpm skid plates, upgrade servo,

Besides these upgrades that ive heard need work, are there any other upgrades that are important to make the truck stronger, besides the rpm arms, i will invest in that soon... I am trying to build a durable truck but i don't want to go all out, not ALL the parts super premium...
Thnks for the help on the forum
It's not a huge cost, but this

https://m2cracing.net/home/381-m2c-3035-arrma-kratonoutcast-series-rear-shock-tower-brace.html

Is one of the best things @Mitchell looper has come up with. ?? And RPM a-arms are truly indestructible. I have had hits that would have broken multiple sets of arms, but they just twist and pop back. So yeah get those next!

Servo mount, rubber sealed bearings, and radio would fill out that essentials list.

Plan on shock towers, shock stand offs, wing mount, and pillow ball retaining nuts in the future.
Are Carbon Fibre Shock Towers Strong? Or should i just go with the metal upgrade ones, trying to get the best shock towers for a decently low price? thanks for the advice

Only other thing you might want to do is gorilla tape the body for strength ?

The drive shafts have play so you will most likely be fine. I’ve been running the typhon for about 3 years with a slightly bent chassis. Drives straight, runs smooth and very durable. The outcast I’ve had for 2.5 years and the chassis is still straight and I really launch the outcast!!! Then again I launch the typhon as well

You can build that thing to the moon, depends on how heavy you bash. Some people don't even need M2C chassis if they just drive around and jump small. You have everything covered with all the suggestions above.

Only other thing you might want to do is gorilla tape the body for strength ?

Agreed, Most definitely reinforce the body. I used Crystal clear gorilla tape on the inside and parts of the outside of my kraton v4. Another thing to think about is outcast tall side guards they are a nice addition especially if you are going to be and loose gravel, dirt, mud, and rocks. the dusty motors covers are nice as well. The kraton and kicks up a lot of debris.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back