Kraton Upgrades for Kraton 6S V4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kratos93

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
I have a bunch of upgrades on the way for Kraton 6S V4. T-bone front bumper, chassis braces (front and rear), chassis protection plate, wheelie bar, front steering support mount and chassis skin protector. I've also ordered the Proline 2020 Ram Rebel body for Kraton V4 (a risk i'm willing to take considering the troubles around Proline brute bash armor body). I expect Proline may have upgraded the body for the Kraton V4. I am also thinking of upgrading the stock Spectrum transmitter to a Radiolink RC6GS or the Flysky FS GT5. Are there any other must have upgrades for the Kraton 6S V4 before i start bashing?

I’d go with that and upgrade as ya go/break stuff, but an aluminum servo mount is a good upgrade. So are the hot racing aluminum steering knuckles. I run em on my kraton and noto. They’re awesome. Oh and fast eddy rubber sealed bearings, they’re a must have ??

I’d go with that and upgrade as ya go/break stuff, but an aluminum servo mount is a good upgrade. So are the hot racing aluminum steering knuckles. I run em on my kraton and noto. They’re awesome. Oh and fast eddy rubber sealed bearings, they’re a must have ??
Do the stock steering knuckles and the servo mount get damaged that quick? I've heard of those plastic chassis braces breaking often but nothing about the servo getting dislodged or the steering knuckles breaking
Go on and throw a 15 or 16t pinion in it,

Tekno or Robinson Racing preferably
The Kraton came with an additional 15t pinion from Arrma. Is that not good enough?

The servo mount probably won’t “wear out” or even break but it flexes causing you to lose steering. For 22 bucks you can get a hot racing servo mount and never worry about it again. As far as the knuckles, if you’re gonna be bashing hard then yeah they’re well worth it. Second day I had my kraton one of the pillar ball retainers cracked and it popped out a few times till it eventually broke. So I swapped for the hot racing ones. Not a single issue since. With my noto I was at the skatepark in the cold weather and a minor run into a wall cracked the plastic knuckle clean in half. Swapped for hot racing and no issues since ??
Do the stock steering knuckles and the servo mount get damaged that quick? I've heard of those plastic chassis braces breaking often but nothing about the servo getting dislodged or the steering knuckles breaking

The Kraton came with an additional 15t pinion from Arrma. Is that not good enough?

as far as the pinion goes I would just throw in the optional speed one sent with it for now. I ran mine with that for months with only minor over heating issues on the motor. But I got the yeah racing dual fans and that took care of that. Gearing up much more than that will give lots of heat issues if you don’t have fans

Last edited:
The servo mount probably won’t “wear out” or even break but it flexes causing you to lose steering. For 22 bucks you can get a hot racing servo mount and never worry about it again. As far as the knuckles, if you’re gonna be bashing hard then yeah they’re well worth it. Second day I had my kraton one of the pillar ball retainers cracked and it popped out a few times till it eventually broke. So I swapped for the hot racing ones. Not a single issue since. With my noto I was at the skatepark in the cold weather and a minor run into a wall cracked the plastic knuckle clean in half. Swapped for hot racing and no issues since ??

as far as the pinion goes I would just throw in the optional speed one sent with it for now. I ran mine with that for months with only minor over heating issues on the motor. But I got the yeah racing dual fans and that took care of that. Gearing up much more than that will give lots of heat issues if you don’t have fans
I am thinking of getting the Yeah Racing YA-0261BU heat sink and fans for gearing up. Do you know if it is a ready fit on the kraton motor without any modifications being needed?

I've noticed that the kraton starts swerving when reversing. It stays along a straight line for a while but then starts swerving left and right in reverse. No problem while going forward. Any advice on what to do?

I've noticed that the kraton starts swerving when reversing. It stays along a straight line for a while but then starts swerving left and right in reverse. No problem while going forward. Any advice on what to do?
Every rc does that lol... why the hell are you reversing up to 30mph??

That is why our cars steer with the front wheels and not the rear. It's touchy and unstable at higher speeds.

Wasn't reversing at a high speed. Was running on 4S batteries and speed would've been not more than 10 mph.

The ESC got fried I think. I charged up the batteries, connected them and switched on the Kraton. After a minute or two, the fan on the ESC started revving up faster (I could hear the fan getting louder). I switched it off and switched it on again. The fan on the ESC didn't start and I saw smoke coming out of the ESC. The Kraton doesn't work anymore. I had bought it this Jan. Any suggestions on what to do now? Should I get a different aftermarket ESC?

The ESC got fried I think. I charged up the batteries, connected them and switched on the Kraton. After a minute or two, the fan on the ESC started revving up faster (I could hear the fan getting louder). I switched it off and switched it on again. The fan on the ESC didn't start and I saw smoke coming out of the ESC. The Kraton doesn't work anymore. I had bought it this Jan. Any suggestions on what to do now? Should I get a different aftermarket ESC?
If you’re in the USA, call Horizon and get it replaced for free.

If outside the USA, or if you really want another brand, the most popular choice would be a MAX6.

Any idea if the Max6 is a good fit for the Kraton 6S V4?

Lots of people run the max 6 in the v4...
It is a great ISC it just depends on what your budget is and what you are looking to do with the car. Stock set up is great for general bashing if you want to go more extreme and do upgrades then obviously get a bigger ESC and motor. As far as your ISC smoking call horizon hobby they will send you 1. good luck EAT,SLEEP,BASH,REPEAT

I have a bunch of upgrades on the way for Kraton 6S V4. T-bone front bumper, chassis braces (front and rear), chassis protection plate, wheelie bar, front steering support mount and chassis skin protector. I've also ordered the Proline 2020 Ram Rebel body for Kraton V4 (a risk i'm willing to take considering the troubles around Proline brute bash armor body). I expect Proline may have upgraded the body for the Kraton V4. I am also thinking of upgrading the stock Spectrum transmitter to a Radiolink RC6GS or the Flysky FS GT5. Are there any other must have upgrades for the Kraton 6S V4 before i start bashing?
chassis braces are absolutely necessary, shock towers are a great investment, aluminum servo holder, bearing are nice but not a must, rpm arms,or ordered from Jenny's just get extras, tbr bumpers, spare hing pins, shock rod ends, if the dirt that collects on your car is a problem order dusty cover, in my honest opinion Jenny's rc is a life saver for spare parts. I have a complete car in plastics alone that I take with me every time I bashed just because it's nice to have them and not wait for them to get shipped. things to think about if bashing hard

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back