Senton Upgrades for Senton 4x4?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen any. It usually takes being on the market for at least a year for aftermarket upgrades, if they come at all.

Best regards,
Brian

Are there any upgrades for the senton 4x4 yet?
I guess it all depends on what upgrades you're looking for. There are plenty of motor and ESC combos you could put in it. I believe FastEddyBearings has a bearing kit available (this I recommend for any new RC). Batteries are readily available as well.

are there any good upgrades for the senton 4x4? I already upgraded the the esc and a brushless motor. anything else out there?

Want to make it a powerful senton but I cant because many parts keep braking.

That's because it isn't designed to have a powerful motor and battery run in it. Just look at how much plastic is in the drivetrain. You can do some modifications to the diff input gear to help prevent breakage. There is a thread on the forum on how to do it.

With that said, the easiest way to have a powerful Senton is to buy the 6S version :D

That's because it isn't designed to have a powerful motor and battery run in it. Just look at how much plastic is in the drivetrain. You can do some modifications to the diff input gear to help prevent breakage. There is a thread on the forum on how to do it.

With that said, the easiest way to have a powerful Senton is to buy the 6S version :D
I just bought a 2wd slash in which I am making it 6s so there is no need for a 6s senton. Lol

I am big ARRMA fan but for those who are buying the Senton Mega 4x4 and converting it to brushless it can not only get expensive but it also is pushing the stock components to the limit. I feel you would be better of buying something like the Redcat Caldera SC 10E which comes brushless out the box for $249.99. Don't get me wrong the Senton Mega 4x4 is nice truck but it's designed for a brushed motor. Hopefully, they will offer a brushless version in the future with upgraded drive line components.

Best regards,
Brian

I am big ARRMA fan but for those who are buying the Senton Mega 4x4 and converting it to brushless it can not only get expensive but it also is pushing the stock components to the limit. I feel you would be better of buying something like the Redcat Caldera SC 10E which comes brushless out the box for $249.99. Don't get me wrong the Senton Mega 4x4 is nice truck but it's designed for a brushed motor. Hopefully, they will offer a brushless version in the future with upgraded drive line components.

Best regards,
Brian
I bought this sc truck hoping that I can make it brushless but unfortunately I cant.

You can make the Mega 4x4 trucks brushless, you just can't put huge power in them. (same answer for the Slash 2wd, BTW). If you want a huge power, 6s, fire breathing monster, you bought the wrong truck. Any of the 6s BLX trucks would serve, though.

You will run into a world of hurt trying to make a 2WD Slash 6S. I tried it. $700 later, I ended up with a pile of parts. The gearbox will grenade. The idler gear is a tiny thing that will break teeth & wreck the other 2 gears. The Senton 6S is unparalleled in the SC market. Nothing can take the abuse it can with the power it has. OoB it can do 50mph on 6S. 75mph+ with a pinion change. I made a spool for mine that allow it to hit 97mph on the stock motor, stock body, lowered with GRP tires. Making the spool & the GRP tires costed less than one set of MIP driveshafts.

You will run into a world of hurt trying to make a 2WD Slash 6S. I tried it. $700 later, I ended up with a pile of parts. The gearbox will grenade. The idler gear is a tiny thing that will break teeth & wreck the other 2 gears. The Senton 6S is unparalleled in the SC market. Nothing can take the abuse it can with the power it has. OoB it can do 50mph on 6S. 75mph+ with a pinion change. I made a spool for mine that allow it to hit 97mph on the stock motor, stock body, lowered with GRP tires. Making the spool & the GRP tires costed less than one set of MIP driveshafts.
I have bo problems on 4s with my slash 2wd. All it has is upgraded gearbox.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back