Vorteks Upgrades for the brushed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Djinn

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
Any one have any suggestions for upgrading the vorteks drive train to eventually put a brushless system in it. After market parts a plus that fit. I would also like suggestions on a faster brushed motor until I can get a new esc and motor.

12t traxxas stampede motor slides in no problem the motor wires are just about to short. Model number 67054.

2015-07-06 13.20.37.jpg

OK running the traxxas 550 12t on a 2s 35c lipo brushed motor in this car wheelie no problem. Really glad I put this in before I went brushless.

Took me half a pack to get used the difference in speed from stock to the lipo and 12 t
I am using the stock radio as well

Overview :really glad I spent almost nothing to have a 1/10 scale brushed that can do wheelies on dry pavement almost all stock.

It is a tough,cheap replacement for sure! I will go brushless when the esc craps out. For now bash and smash!

Hi, Im new to the forums. Glad I found this thread. How did the traxxas 12t hold up and drive compared to the arrma 15t? Did the 12t make that much of a difference?

I think so although I also switched the gearing to 54 22. I put some smaller tires and it rips although I have had smoking a few times with that setup.

nice, glad to hear that it runs good, how did the motor run after the smoking?

first time no problems, I have been working on the kraton the last 3 days. I haven't run it since the last time I saw it smoke. kind of putting it off that just costs more money. I will let you know what happens.

Hi, Im new to the forums. Glad I found this thread. How did the traxxas 12t hold up and drive compared to the arrma 15t? Did the 12t make that much of a difference?
It did for me, [15T to 12T] on a Raider, mine didn't wheelie, instead the 3 1/4 dia D-Boots just spun and dug holes in the dirt.
I tried some 4 1/4 dia tires, package said designed for a Slash, then the car moved better.
It didn't become a "wheelie machine" until I went up to a 4550kV brushless [same 4 1/4 dia tires].

Nice Steve! I just upgraded to a 2S lipo and put in a 22T pinion on the 15t an boy did it make a difference.

Nice Steve! I just upgraded to a 2S lipo and put in a 22T pinion on the 15t an boy did it make a difference.
WTG Sam. I gotta go LiPo, pulling trigger and nuthin man, car just sits there. Finally the NiMh gets some electrons and off the Raider rolls.
The "what's your fav econ-LiPo" thread gave me some good sources to chase a 5000 LiPo. It's in my sights, ready to finally pull the trigger!

That Raider of yours will fly Steve! If you ever post a video, keep me posted! Merry Christmas and happy new year!

That Raider of yours will fly Steve! If you ever post a video, keep me posted! Merry Christmas and happy new year!
Hey Sam,
I've been posting videos on YT under "Steve RC". Wife and I just shot a bunch of video, 3rd person and FPV, hopefully will be posting some new short videos in a week or so. There was a mound of dirt, just couldn't climb, too many obstacles on the approach caused the Raider to veer, then flip, lol. Have to try again, but will pitch those useless "buggy" tires in front and go with Slash wheels on all 4 corners. I won't lose to a mound of dirt... LOL!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa_qgM8gGhZ3XvdEc4oSx7w/videos

Lol, awesome videos Steve, looks like you have a blast with your toys! Thank you for sharing!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back