Outcast V2 Upgrade Log

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Senton 6s
  7. Talion
  8. Typhon 6s
  9. Typhon 3s
M2C Upgrades:
  • chassis
  • rear shock tower brace
  • rear skid plate
  • ackerman bar

T-Bone Racing:
  • front bumper

Hot Racing Upgrades:
  • front and rear chassis braces
  • front and rear shock towers
  • front and rear axle carriers
  • fixed link steering with servo arm
  • steering servo mount
  • centre differential brace
  • centre differential mount
  • wing buttons
  • sway bar mount
  • centre brace front mount
  • centre brace rear mount
  • chassis brace rod ends
  • servo saver with clamping nut
  • gearbox case
  • centre differential cup

GPM Upgrades:
  • front and rear lower suspension mount
  • rear arm bulk for front upper arms
  • steering bell crank
  • 13mm hex adapters/extenders
  • 11mm turnbuckles

RPM Upgrades:
  • front upper and lower a-arms
  • rear arms
  • mud guards
25kg servo

AF5D3839-449D-4331-A3DC-8D227B183040.jpeg
D28622BE-8F55-4616-BCF3-6A633BBA7F55.jpeg
24C9AF86-7E1E-4875-AF08-FD563C67C2DE.jpeg

Last edited:
Unfortunately I did not. I have a stock Outcast I will weigh tomorrow to compare.
I’m just curious because that sounds like a beast, but scared of how much weight that adds and where the weak point is now. ??

It still has plastic arms lol
Yeah, and those extended hubs will put those to the test. :)

Looks nice though. What motor mount are you using? Almost looks like the older one that you can't easily adjust mesh with, yet you have the new T2T chassis brace. Or was this a V2 that you added stuff to?

I really like the sliding motor mount. Makes it a lot easier to change pinions and adjust mesh. I have the hot racing one. Should have waited or gone with the M2C one so you could pop the diff out without removing the center block. I don't think they existed yet when I got the HR mount.

Outcast looks solid, but remember that center brace is not truly a tower to tower brace, diff to diff yes... the issue lies within the leverage applied at the top of the towers on bad landings.. a true t2t brace will save that things life, it's truly a shame arrma didnt implement a true t2t brace.. with the factory brace you will suffer broken diff cases and bent towers still... and do not use aluminum arms.. they just bend and your out all kinds of dough, rpm or factory arms for me...

Looks like your on your way to some fun though...enjoy!

Last edited:
Did you weight it before and after?

Stock outcast with t-bone bumper 10.1 lbs
Upgraded outcast with t-bone bumper 11.1 lbs
Nice upgrades mate! I am going to be listing my upgrades tonight on my v3 KRATON 6s BLX log
Cool! Be sure to leave me a link!
Yeah, and those extended hubs will put those to the test. :)

Looks nice though. What motor mount are you using? Almost looks like the older one that you can't easily adjust mesh with, yet you have the new T2T chassis brace. Or was this a V2 that you added stuff to?

I really like the sliding motor mount. Makes it a lot easier to change pinions and adjust mesh. I have the hot racing one. Should have waited or gone with the M2C one so you could pop the diff out without removing the center block. I don't think they existed yet when I got the HR mount.

Yes, this Outcast didn’t come with a T2T brace. I added it. Am looking to get an M2C next :)
Nice upgrades. Can you share any pics with the LED lights on?

Of course! Here you go.
Outcast looks solid, but remember that center brace is not truly a tower to tower brace, diff to diff yes... the issue lies within the leverage applied at the top of the towers on bad landings.. a true t2t brace will save that things life, it's truly a shame arrma didnt implement a true t2t brace.. with the factory brace you will suffer broken diff cases and bent towers still... and do not use aluminum arms.. they just bend and your out all kinds of dough, rpm or factory arms for me...

Looks like your on your way to some gun though...enjoy!

Agreed! Haven’t broken the factory arms yet but have RPM ones handy for when it happens :)

Attachments

• 1C0AF008-91D0-4FDD-B9ED-7505E5CB9D34.jpeg
    1C0AF008-91D0-4FDD-B9ED-7505E5CB9D34.jpeg
    187.8 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Do you by any chance have a 3d printer? I can send you some files for some t2t mounts if you do..

Yes I do!
Perfect... PM me your email addy and I'll shoot over some stl files for ya.. I use carbon fiber pla without any issues... so no need for abs ambient temps and such... I will also send a link to the carbon rod I use for the brace itself... I also have files for the mounts that use a xmaxx center driveshaft as the brace.. I'll send both sets of files if interested...

Looks like your on your way to some fun though...enjoy!
Many have tried using real t2t's. @Thomas P has a video on the Arrma website that shows how to build one using 1" square aluminum tube. What I, and many others have found out, is that a true t2t beats the sh!t out of shock towers. I've had some where the outer tabs bent in so far that they almost touched the brace. Bad driving and landings for sure, but the best fix so far has been the use of an upgraded chassis from either M2C or Just Bash it Rc. since you have access to a cnc, you might consider fabbing your own. I also tried making a t2t with a fiberglass pole that never touched the towers, and was fastened to only the f/r chassis braces. It works well, but zip ties can only hold so much force, so not a 100% solution. After doing some really big air jumping this past weekend, no t2t added, my conclusion is that the M2C chassis fitted with quality aluminum braces, is more than enough strength to take the hardest landings.

The plan is to get the M2C eventually and ditch the T2T all together.
Perfect... PM me your email addy and I'll shoot over some stl files for ya.. I use carbon fiber pla without any issues... so no need for abs ambient temps and such... I will also send a link to the carbon rod I use for the brace itself... I also have files for the mounts that use a xmaxx center driveshaft as the brace.. I'll send both sets of files if interested...
Awesome. Thanks!!

Many have tried using real t2t's. @Thomas P has a video on the Arrma website that shows how to build one using 1" square aluminum tube. What I, and many others have found out, is that a true t2t beats the sh!t out of shock towers. I've had some where the outer tabs bent in so far that they almost touched the brace. Bad driving and landings for sure, but the best fix so far has been the use of an upgraded chassis from either M2C or Just Bash it Rc. since you have access to a cnc, you might consider fabbing your own. I also tried making a t2t with a fiberglass pole that never touched the towers, and was fastened to only the f/r chassis braces. It works well, but zip ties can only hold so much force, so not a 100% solution. After doing some really big air jumping this past weekend, no t2t added, my conclusion is that the M2C chassis fitted with quality aluminum braces, is more than enough strength to take the hardest landings.
I still prefer to run with the 1" T2T to avoid snapping my bulkheads into pieces.

I still prefer to run with the 1" T2T to avoid snapping my bulkheads into pieces.
Hey Brian. If you saw my last video, this was the first time running the M2C without the brace. Not only were the good landings hard, but there were a few missed attempts as well. Honestly, there were no other issues once the run was over. I even put a slight kink in the rear JBIRC tower, but no other damage to report. Two full packs to lvc. We know it can't be my driving that saved me either.

Hey Brian. If you saw my last video, this was the first time running the M2C without the brace. Not only were the good landings hard, but there were a few missed attempts as well. Honestly, there were no other issues once the run was over. I even put a slight kink in the rear JBIRC tower, but no other damage to report. Two full packs to lvc. We know it can't be my driving that saved me either.
With the titanium rear tower I have, it doesn't give much and I had one landing at the skate park that was from 6 feet or so straight up and down just on the top right corner of the tower. I don't know if a stock bulkhead without the T2T would have lived through that.

Either way, I'll continue to run it until it causes me problems.

I ran the T2t and it worked somewhat but it just kept the chassis from bending front to back. It didn’t stop the twisting and the shock towers just bent even worse. The m2c chassis is the key anything without a good foundation isn’t worth it in my opinion. Rcfam4life ????

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back