Typhon Upgrades for the typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wshwash

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Typhon 3s
Anyone managed to pimp their typhon much? The only issue I had was upgrading the servo, wanted a S6280 but the stock servo horn doesn't fit lol.

Body, wing, receiver and servo was changed on mine so far.

DSC_3439.JPG

Last edited:
The Spektrum servos are mostly 23 spline, and your servo arm is 25 spline. Just get a 23 spline servo arm for the S6280. Or stay away from Spektrum servos.. Most any servos are 25 spline anyway. Spektrum does make a 23 spline arm FWIW. 23 is an oddball size though. I stay away from Spektrum servos for this reason. Their stuff is not all that anyway. There are way better choices for the price out there. Almost every other brand upgrade servo is 25 spline. It is the RC standard.

I've got two. One is pimped as a stretched chassis speed runner, https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/typhon-6s-exb-speed-runner.27150/, the other is pimped as a hardcore basher. The basher includes M2C chassis, Voltage Hobbies Suspension mounts, Hot Racing chassis braces, widened hubs and ProLine Badlands . The basher was bought this way from a friend because I had already started the speed run build with my original T6 and wanted a basher as back up.

I've got two. One is pimped as a stretched chassis speed runner, https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/typhon-6s-exb-speed-runner.27150/, the other is pimped as a hardcore basher. The basher includes M2C chassis, Voltage Hobbies Suspension mounts, Hot Racing chassis braces, widened hubs and ProLine Badlands . The basher was bought this way from a friend because I had already started the speed run build with my original T6 and wanted a basher as back up.
Nice loadout :D Seems a little hardcore for a newbie like me :oops:
The Spektrum servos are mostly 23 spline, and your servo arm is 25 spline. Just get a 23 spline servo arm for the S6280. Or stay away from Spektrum servos.. Most any servos are 25 spline anyway. Spektrum does make a 23 spline arm FWIW. 23 is an oddball size though. I stay away from Spektrum servos for this reason. Their stuff is not all that anyway. There are way better choices for the price out there. Almost every other brand upgrade servo is 25 spline. It is the RC standard.
Yeah kind of dislike the 23T style, almost like using apple products.
I stripped out some team corally 25 kg servos, probably can use them on the typhon if i wanted to :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back