Felony Upgrades I made to my Felony

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Mojave
  4. Raider
  5. Voltage
This is technically not a Build Thread, because hey the car comes pre-built. But I have made some upgrades so in order to get me a new badge, here is my Build Thread! :ROFLMAO:

First thing I did was print some of Arrma Forum member "magnetik" front skirts for the underbody wheel openings.

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

Okay, I added LED lights. I did not buy a pre-made kit this time like I have done in the past for other cars. I wanted to make my own LED harnesses. So I bought a very cool "learn electronics" type kit for LED's and it taught me what I needed to know:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A1C2MP2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

After learning some things I made some harnesses and installed lights in the front bumper, like driving lights and fog lights.

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

Next up, I wanted some wheel nut covers, for display purposes only. Can't run the covers in operation because they would get thrown off. Since the Felony body is a hybrid of the 1st and 2nd Gen Camaro, an F-Body, and the Firebird is also the F-Body, I figured using Firebird caps would be okay. I found a full size Firebird WS6 wheel cap on Thingiverse. But it did not have a 17mm hex base, lol. So I found a plain 17mm hex nut cover, and then I combined the two. I did not get them matched up perfectly, because I am not a master at the CAD drawing thing. But they are good enough for gov't work as the expression goes. :)

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

I then worked on making some headlights for the Felony. The kits being sold include an LED holder and then they get installed while mounted to the outside surface so they sorta look like bug eyes. That's cool and all, but I wanted mine to be "behind glass" so to speak. So I made some buckets to fit on the inside. But there is a lot of paint in there! I used nitro fuel, acetone, and finally brake fluid to remove as much paint as I could. I got about 90% of it I am guessing. Not crystal clear like I wanted it to be, but at night time as it turns out, they are freaking bright anyway.

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

Okay, that's all for this first post.

MUCH MORE TO COME! Just takes a long time to upload.

@Kmot I really like what you did on the headlight. I have not gotten to that skillset yet but I like how you have a bucket and not just a bulb pushed out the body....and how you wired it sweet. What is the small battery you are using?

@Kmot I really like what you did on the headlight. I have not gotten to that skillset yet but I like how you have a bucket and not just a bulb pushed out the body....and how you wired it sweet. What is the small battery you are using?
That is a 2S LiPo. But I have the proper resistors connected in the wire harness to drop the voltage down as required.
Okay, time for some more uploading! :)

I wanted to have some tail lights, but there is limited space back there. I did not want to tape or zip tie any lights around the rear fascia. What I did was find a little area at each corner that would accommodate a 5mm LED and not look too funky doing it. So this is what I came up with:

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

Last edited:
That is a 2S LiPo. But I have the proper resistors connected in the wire harness to drop the voltage down as required.
Okay, time for some more uploading! :)

I wanted to have some tail lights, but there is limited space back there. I did not want to tape or zip tie any lights around the rear fascia. What I did was find a little area at each corner that would accommodate a 5mm LED and not look too funky doing it. So this is what I came up with:

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

Thx. I do not understand resistors and such in this area of wiring at all. You learned all that from the kit??

If so I need to look at getting my knowledge up...

Now for some more of the exterior body mod's I did....

The molded in fuel cap and decal look pretty good. But I wanted to kick it up a notch. So I 3D printed a fuel cap and ring. I modified (remixed) the ring I found on Thingiverse by adding some bolts around it.

It seems I lost the photos (dumbass deleted before uploading) of the process of drilling the body but I have several of the new filler ring and cap already mounted. :)

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

I love the look of Enderle fuel injectors rising up out of the hood so that is the accessory I decided on. I painted the manifold silver and the tubes copper. In fact, I named the car "Copperhead" because although this version is referred to as the "orange car" it is really more of a copper metallic color. Anyway, I love the look of the injectors now.

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

I added some windshield wipers to the body, trying to up the scale factor a bit. The wiper files are from Redcat Racing's 3D printable items on Thingiverse. I just upped the size from 1/10 scale to 1/7 scale. I printed them in white PLA and then hand painted them.

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

This is technically not a Build Thread, because hey the car comes pre-built. But I have made some upgrades so in order to get me a new badge, here is my Build Thread! :ROFLMAO:

First thing I did was print some of Arrma Forum member "magnetik" front skirts for the underbody wheel openings.

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

Okay, I added LED lights. I did not buy a pre-made kit this time like I have done in the past for other cars. I wanted to make my own LED harnesses. So I bought a very cool "learn electronics" type kit for LED's and it taught me what I needed to know:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A1C2MP2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

After learning some things I made some harnesses and installed lights in the front bumper, like driving lights and fog lights.

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

Next up, I wanted some wheel nut covers, for display purposes only. Can't run the covers in operation because they would get thrown off. Since the Felony body is a hybrid of the 1st and 2nd Gen Camaro, an F-Body, and the Firebird is also the F-Body, I figured using Firebird caps would be okay. I found a full size Firebird WS6 wheel cap on Thingiverse. But it did not have a 17mm hex base, lol. So I found a plain 17mm hex nut cover, and then I combined the two. I did not get them matched up perfectly, because I am not a master at the CAD drawing thing. But they are good enough for gov't work as the expression goes. :)

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

I then worked on making some headlights for the Felony. The kits being sold include an LED holder and then they get installed while mounted to the outside surface so they sorta look like bug eyes. That's cool and all, but I wanted mine to be "behind glass" so to speak. So I made some buckets to fit on the inside. But there is a lot of paint in there! I used nitro fuel, acetone, and finally brake fluid to remove as much paint as I could. I got about 90% of it I am guessing. Not crystal clear like I wanted it to be, but at night time as it turns out, they are freaking bright anyway.

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

Okay, that's all for this first post.

MUCH MORE TO COME! Just takes a long time to upload.

"First thing I did was print some of Arrma Forum member "magnetik" front skirts for the underbody wheel openings."

Please point me to the file.

BTW- I also added the front lights int the sticker headlight area and used a 3D print to mount them from behind.

LEDs I used>
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073DWC4M1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also drilled out the exhaust and placed white LED lights with an orange plastic plug to simulate a glowing backfire.

Cool stuff, good work.
Thanks man! :)
"First thing I did was print some of Arrma Forum member "magnetik" front skirts for the underbody wheel openings."

Please point me to the file.

BTW- I also added the front lights int the sticker headlight area and used a 3D print to mount them from behind.

LEDs I used>
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073DWC4M1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also drilled out the exhaust and placed white LED lights with an orange plastic plug to simulate a glowing backfire.
Look in the 3D forum. He has all his files in a post in there. :)

And lastly, for now anyway, I have added some aftermarket goodies. :)

I got some Xtreme carbon fiber side supports that replace the original plastic side supports.

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

And I got some cool aluminum skid plates all the way from Brazil, and Stupid RC products.

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

And last but not least, I got a carbon fiber center support bar from Basher Queen RC.

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

That's all folks! :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back