Talion Upgrades Performed this week.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FriedOne

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
Picked up my Talion 3 weeks ago. I performed the following upgrades so far.

Set punch to level 6
Replaced rear wing mount with RPM Wing Mount #RPM81642
Installed RPM Rear Skid plate #RPM81442
Upgraded Rear A-Arms - RPM81722
Installed RMP Rear Mud Guards #RPM81532
Upgraded Front Right Upper and Lower A-Arms #RPM81602
Upgraded Front Left Upper and Lower A-Arms #RPM81572
Upgraded front steering blocks with HR Aluminum Steering Blocks HD Bearings #AON21MA01
Upgraded brass steering bushings with Sealed Rubber Bearings: Size 6x10x3mm Traxxas #TRA5105
Replaced ESC fan with a 35mm Rocket Aluminum Fan @ 20 000 RPM
Installed 2x 30mm Aluminum Rocket Fans @ 28 000 RPM
Replaced Rear Diff fluid with 30K
Replaced Centre Diff fluid with 500K
Replaced Front Diff fluid with 60K
Picked up some 60Wt Shock Oil : Oil change to be completed.

I'm still running stock gearing. Any suggestions of what to tweak next. This truck is running so well now, lots of acceleration and she runs pretty straight. Steering is smooth and very responsive.
Thank you to all you Guys who have helped and answered my questions. It's because of you guys that this hobby is so awesome.
Cheers ALL.

Looks great! Hell, almost identical to what I did. Only thing I would suggest is the metal Arrma center diff. Play with the gearing and have a blast!!! :LOL:😁✌️

Thanks Man,
It's been fun working on my truck. Just did a search on the metal Arrma center diff. Unit looks strong. Will add it to my to do list. I will have to look into gearing. next. What gearing are you running in your rig. Still using the stock motor.
Cheers Bud.

Running stock motor and esc with 46T/26T.

HOWEVER, he only got 1 run with that....now he's on the bench going to be stretched and may get a new motor and or esc. 😊🤗

I would put a 30-35kg servo and aluminum servo mount on your list of upgrades. I was more satisfied with the stock servo than most people here, but I was still impressed at how much improvement a 30kg servo made on my Typhon.

I would put a 30-35kg servo and aluminum servo mount on your list of upgrades. I was more satisfied with the stock servo than most people here, but I was still impressed at how much improvement a 30kg servo made on my Typhon.
👆👆👆👆Yes! Totally missed that. Good catch. I replace all my servos out da box 👍

I agree.. would you believe the felony servo is still truckin, blows my mind!!
haha my felony and talion servos still alive and kicking. I'm lazy and don't feel like replacing it if it still works.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back