Upgrades to make Nero faster?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Nero.... faster than 6S and the big Pinion gear.....
Why? Do you have an airport where you can drive?
At first you will need other tires / wheels, because the originals will "popp" with the speed setup.
You need another motor and ESC, strong Lipo´s, other servo and and and....

I think the Nero is not the right base for a speed car. It´s too heavy for that and too less aerodynamic.
The Nero shape has the aerodynamic like a cabinet. The Body from the Fazon is batter in that point.

At first you will need other tires / wheels, because the originals will "popp" with the speed setup.

I think the Nero is not the right base for a speed car. It´s too heavy for that and too less aerodynamic.
The Nero shape has the aerodynamic like a cabinet. The Body from the Fazon is batter in that point.

Well actually there is not a airport where I live but there is a place that is 5 miles long of asphalt and its mine if I want it faster so what I like to go fast I have a traxxas rustler that I got a top speed of 87mph and my neighbor who got me into the hobby has one that goes 100plus mph

Ok, I forget that in the USA all is wider than here! ;)
Back to the theme... As I told you, you CAN make the Nero faster but I would take the Fazon as base.
Wheels maybe 1:5 HPI; or flat street wheels. Hot Racing: aluminium wheel hubs, alu-servosaver and servo upgrade (for less play in the steering section)..
You can drive the stock motor as first with a larger pinion but it will getting hot if you terrain is not flat.
Next upgrade will be new motor and ESC...
Be honest, the Fazon / Nero is quite fast out of the box. All more on speed and control will make you´re wallet smaller in a short time! ;)
I never measured the top speed but other guys had done with GPS. More than 90Km/h with original parts (around 56mph) from stock is a lot. But if you are driving on asphalt and the surface is flat, so it makes no sense to use an monster-truck-design for getting high speed.
Maybe just check the Traxxas (xo?) and what problems that car has. (Backflips because of bad aerodynamics).
I had read something about the "over 100 Miles-Club" in the USA, maybe you get an suggestion what car is more suitable than the Nero family.

Regards,
lonee

Ok, I forget that in the USA all is wider than here! ;)
Back to the theme... As I told you, you CAN make the Nero faster but I would take the Fazon as base.
Wheels maybe 1:5 HPI; or flat street wheels. Hot Racing: aluminium wheel hubs, alu-servosaver and servo upgrade (for less play in the steering section)..
You can drive the stock motor as first with a larger pinion but it will getting hot if you terrain is not flat.
Next upgrade will be new motor and ESC...
Be honest, the Fazon / Nero is quite fast out of the box. All more on speed and control will make you´re wallet smaller in a short time! ;)
I never measured the top speed but other guys had done with GPS. More than 90Km/h with original parts (around 56mph) from stock is a lot. But if you are driving on asphalt and the surface is flat, so it makes no sense to use an monster-truck-design for getting high speed.
Maybe just check the Traxxas (xo?) and what problems that car has. (Backflips because of bad aerodynamics).
I had read something about the "over 100 Miles-Club" in the USA, maybe you get an suggestion what car is more suitable than the Nero family.

Regards,
lonee
Thanks I just love speed and it does flip over on the roof with the stock set up u made some valid points

Sure that the Nero flip over... Just check the power of the motor.
Up to you're battery´s (c-rate) It can give the full power to the drive train.
But if you put a bigger pinion on the motor the torque will be decreased and the gear ratio longer. (-> more speed, less torque.. nothing for mud)
But also think about that you take a lot of more amps to the ESC, by done the gear ratio longer, and the ESC can be toasted.
Thats what I mean if I wrote that you probably need an other, stronger ESC.

Mainly there is no changing in my mind, that the Nero is not the right base for your project.....

Regards,
lonee

Sure that the Nero flip over... Just check the power of the motor.
Up to you're battery´s (c-rate) It can give the full power to the drive train.
But if you put a bigger pinion on the motor the torque will be decreased and the gear ratio longer. (-> more speed, less torque.. nothing for mud)
But also think about that you take a lot of more amps to the ESC, by done the gear ratio longer, and the ESC can be toasted.
Thats what I mean if I wrote that you probably need an other, stronger ESC.

Mainly there is no changing in my mind, that the Nero is not the right base for your project.....

Regards,
lonee
I'm probably gonna keep the power train the way it is stock are there any type of large street tires for it like road tires and some larger off road wheel tire combo

Larger wheels than original -> more torque on the drivetrain. It´s mainly the same.
Anyway,
I think that the Nero is spinning around like a ghost in your head.
Doesn'´t matter. If you buy an car of the Nero family, you will get an impressive car; whatever will be the target of your project.

Regards,
lonee

Larger wheels than original -> more torque on the drivetrain. It´s mainly the same.
Anyway,
Doesn'´t matter. If you buy an car of the Nero family, you will get an impressive car; whatever will be the target of your project.

Regards,
lonee
What do u not like the nero or u one of those people that don't want to see people upgrade their rc the reason I want new wheels and tire is cause the
Anyway,

Regards,
lonee
Well the wheels and tires that came with the nero are bald and I need new ones anyways do u not like like the nero or just one of those people that don't want people to upgrade their rc and like I said before its mine I got it very very very cheap I paid 200.00 for it and it the one with the diff brain and like I said the nero is not the only rc that I have I also have a stampede and 2 rustlers

Anyway,

Regards,
lonee
Oh and by the way my friends and my self race them for money that's why I asking about the upgrades

Oh no, that was an misunderstanding. I like people who modify their RC-equpment!
Everybody should do what he want and often we could see an nice project.

But I also do warning people that they don't burn they money or throw them into the trash box.
In you´re case, that you earn money with driving RC, it will be an kind of invest in you´re job.
I had learned my lessons in the past, because for me it is just an hobby and my wallet small.

Regards,
lonee

Oh no, that was an misunderstanding. I like people who modify their RC-equpment!
Everybody should do what he want and often we could see an nice project.

But I also do warning people that they don't burn they money or throw them into the trash box.
In you´re case, that you earn money with driving RC, it will be an kind of invest in you´re job.
I had learned my lessons in the past, because for me it is just an hobby and my wallet small.

Regards,
lonee
Yea I totally understand where u are coming from as all of us in the hobby knows it can get expensive if I didn't race mine for money I would leave the nero as is and just replace parts that get broke as I already broke 4 on mine not to mention spun a gear or two lol we do all kind of racing with them that's why I want to make it faster but its a fun truck to bash off road stock

Yepp, I do the way of broken parts but if it is putt a better or modified spare part in.
Or I can do something homemade which mainly costs brainstorming and time! :)
But you are totally right, the car is impressive out of box. And for its weight also stable.

Hope other guys do the same way as you and can give you more and better suggestions than me.

Yea the forum is pretty cool and the members are helpful.I like how you can get ideas from what other people has done or learn from their mistakes. I also like making my own modifications to broken parts

Hello, everyone. This is Ronnie. And I have an arrma nero. I was wondering do anyone of all know what is the biggest pinion that someone has put on that truck?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back