Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Upgrades to V1?

Discussion in 'Talion' started by Matt24138, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Matt24138

Matt24138 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Talion
    I picked up a V1 talion for $200 over the weekend. It's in ok shape. Previous owner glued the esc to the chassis and put Revo tires on it that limit turning radius. What tires do you recommend? What other upgrades? Are there decent aftermarket bodies?

2. BenHarvey35

BenHarvey35 Active Member

Arrma RC's:
    Typhon
    As with any Arrma rc there are plenty of aftermarket parts. Upgrade wise? I don’t know maybe just run it on 6s if your aren’t already. And tires wise, spend some money and get dedicated off-road tires like Proline Badlands. And have some tires that are cheap and you do t care about if they are on the pavement or not. Oh and maybe a Servo. I’m trying to figure out a good Servo myself so we’re in this together. I hope this kind of helped!

3. Jerry-rigged

Jerry-rigged Premium Member!
    Premium Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Typhon, 4x4-Mega
    If you want to run MT tires, you will need to get some Kraton hubs and axles. They make the track wider, and space the bearings wider. Ebay chop shop is the best place to get these parts, as an assembly.

4. Matt24138

Matt24138 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Talion
    Is it worth doing this? Does it take anything away from the handling?

5. Jerry-rigged

Jerry-rigged Premium Member!
    Premium Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Typhon, 4x4-Mega
    When I had my Talion and Kraton at the same time, I could tell a difference in handling. With truggy tires on both - The Talion was a bit more nimble, turned better. Bashing, it was noticeable, but no big deal either way. At the track, the differences was more pronounced, with the Talion getting thru the corners much easier, the Kraton was more lazy.

Neither come close to the 'caffeinated squirrel' that is my Typhon, though.

chevys10zr2003 likes this.
  • Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer