Talion Upgrades to V1?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt24138

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I picked up a V1 talion for $200 over the weekend. It's in ok shape. Previous owner glued the esc to the chassis and put Revo tires on it that limit turning radius. What tires do you recommend? What other upgrades? Are there decent aftermarket bodies?

As with any Arrma rc there are plenty of aftermarket parts. Upgrade wise? I don’t know maybe just run it on 6s if your aren’t already. And tires wise, spend some money and get dedicated off-road tires like Proline Badlands. And have some tires that are cheap and you do t care about if they are on the pavement or not. Oh and maybe a Servo. I’m trying to figure out a good Servo myself so we’re in this together. I hope this kind of helped!

If you want to run MT tires, you will need to get some Kraton hubs and axles. They make the track wider, and space the bearings wider. Ebay chop shop is the best place to get these parts, as an assembly.

If you want to run MT tires, you will need to get some Kraton hubs and axles. They make the track wider, and space the bearings wider. Ebay chop shop is the best place to get these parts, as an assembly.
Is it worth doing this? Does it take anything away from the handling?

When I had my Talion and Kraton at the same time, I could tell a difference in handling. With truggy tires on both - The Talion was a bit more nimble, turned better. Bashing, it was noticeable, but no big deal either way. At the track, the differences was more pronounced, with the Talion getting thru the corners much easier, the Kraton was more lazy.

Neither come close to the 'caffeinated squirrel' that is my Typhon, though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back